I've sold my S8! What's the best deal I can get on an honor 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I'd say go for the Honor 8 if you are on a budget. It stands out and gives you a positive taste of what Huawei has to offer if you don't want to shell out $400-$450 for thr Mate 9.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I was looking into the 6P to take with me when I was on vacation. But they're not cheap even till now
No not at all. I have been looking for a Nexus 6p for about 6 months now until I came across the deal of the lifetime on my new 6p. My budget wouldn't allow for me to by a used 64g but silver is what I wanted. The frost white would have been my second choice which is what I have now. I've got a skin on it now so it really does not matter. So at $150 for a brand new sealed in box never used 64g 6p I was in shock! I still am. Never thought I'd be able to afford a 64g 6p but I got one now thanks to a generous guy who is flat out awesome. He had three of them but only one new in box never one which I got. My other two forum buddies got his other two units he had left.

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I would avoid the 6P going forward. Just because of the Snapdragon 810. My friends that have it have all had issues as the phone has aged. I owned a G4 and V10 with the clocked down 808 and had problems over time with those as well. It's such a a shame that such sub-par processors were in such nice handsets.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The processor is indeed old but I only wanted it for my 1 week vacation earlier in the month. it wasn't meant for a daily use.
Like he said. My Nexus 6p is brand new so the battery is brand new too. Although it's not the latest processor it's still pretty fast. Faster than the the honor 8 by a hair and best of with the Nexus 6p it has no overheating issues. What ever they did to the CPU did something to make this device not overheat. But like he said it's his second device which is like my 6p is for me. Right now I'm using it daily just bc it's new but I plan to get another honor 8 if the honor 9 does not release here as my daily driver. I like the Axon 7 Minis build and speakers but overall I like the honor 8 better. Here is what I just did to my Nexus 6p.
5363001bd01bf230d87752b88d7750ce.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Honestly I would avoid the 6P going forward. Just because of the Snapdragon 810. My friends that have it have all had issues as the phone has aged. I owned a G4 and V10 with the clocked down 808 and had problems over time with those as well. It's such a a shame that such sub-par processors were in such nice handsets.
Mine gets a little warm with extended periods of use but nothing major or more than any other phone but you are indeed correct. There were a lot of issues with the 810. Had the 6p had the 820 hands down the best Android phone on the planet outside of the honor 8 and mate 9. It's by far the most smooth Android experience I've ever used. There a a lot who've had the degrading battery with the Nexus 6p but for me with mine being brand new I should be clear of that as my battery had never been used therefore no strain or wear and tear on my battery. I really wanted the silver model but hey a brand new Nexus 6p 64g for $150 I cannot complain. Best deal I've ever gotten on any phone brand new. I could have turned around and sold it for $425 being new in box but I loved this phone so much when I originally owned it that there was no way I was selling it. Plus the guy who sold it to me was so generous that I could not have done that to him.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else seen the article on the honor 7x to be released? It will have a Kirin 659 chip and come with 3 or 4g of ram. Now this phone I'd actually consider over another honor 8 to change it up a bit. No word whether the US will ever see it or not. Expect launch date I think I recall reading October 11th.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't know. I've owned the honor 8 twice now the nexus 6p twice. If the Nexus is not faster it's equal to the honor 8 then. I've not seen benchmarks between the two but real world experience you honestly really can't tell if one ie faster than the other. Unless you've got something on paper stating otherwise I don't think the honor 8 is faster then the nexus 6p. Both are very smooth but vastly different.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The experience is probably smoother but processor wise, it's not faster.
I've not seen anything on paper stating the processor of the Nexus 6p is slower than the honor 8 so I disagree with you but that's my opinion just like you have yours. Unless I see something saying I'm wrong officially I will then digress.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I've not seen anything on paper stating the processor of the Nexus 6p is slower than the honor 8 so I disagree with you but that's my opinion just like you have yours. Unless I see something saying I'm wrong officially I will then digress.

SD 810 is 2/3 years old. And considering SD 820/21 is competitive against Kirin 950, they're both a better soc than SD810.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
SD 810 is 2/3 years old. And considering SD 820/21 is competitive against Kirin 950, they're both a better soc than SD810.
I see your point now. So you are saying that the Kirin 950 is on par with the 820 more so than the 810. I can see that. I also think what's throwing me off with the Nexus 6p is that it's pure stock Android meaning there is not any type of skin to make it lag so the 810 in the Nexus 6p per say appears to be much faster than it would be in an Android with a heavy skin on it. The Nexus 6p is smooth and blazing fast so I still think in terms of the Nexus 6p only that it's as fast as the honor 8 only because I've owned both twice once at the same time. I tested them side by side but I agree with you that overall the 810 technically should be a little slower than the 950 chip but not with the Nexus 6p. That's all I was saying.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The 810 in the nexus 6p is ten times more efficient than if it were in another Android phone that was not pure stock Android with absolutely zero skin on it to weigh it down.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
The 810 in the nexus 6p is ten times more efficient than if it were in another Android phone that was not pure stock Android with absolutely zero skin on it to weigh it down.

Definitely. Stock android is a lot more smoother than any other types out there. Unfortunately we can't just replace the chip with a newer model and just keep the phone.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Definitely. Stock android is a lot more smoother than any other types out there. Unfortunately we can't just replace the chip with a newer model and just keep the phone.
That would be nice if we could though. I love this Nexus 6p. In fact up until about 6 months ago I thought the 6p ran a 820 processor just bc it's so smooth and fast. Now of course I know it's a 810 but to have a 810 in it and for it to run as smooth and fast as it does is quite remarkable.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
The experience is probably smoother but processor wise, it's not faster.
I have both the Honor 8 and a recently purchased 6P. There's no doubt that the H8 is fast. But I just switched back to it this morning after several days with the 6P. I have to agree with DCon...I think the 6P may be faster, definitely smoother. I couldn't believe how slow my H8 felt in comparison. Maybe it was just "smoother" (which it was), but it felt faster too. I'm on it right now. Lightening!

Status
Not open for further replies.