Remvoving the plastic cover on top of screen

Maged Samuel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if it is easy (& how) to remove that plastic layer on top of the main screen (placed on phone from factory) without causing any scratches or hurt to the main screen during the process.

Thanks

Maged Samuel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Mmmm I'd be hesitant to try that. Shame to wreck the screen...
Why do you want to take it off?

I don't like it. I love to use my phone naked and enjoy it till it dies or a better model shows up. I think it can be removed because I've seen lots of reviews on youtube in which the phone appeared without it by looking closely to the borders (i.e. the reviewers ripped that plastic off) and in some other videos, it was there as is.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know the OnePlus 5T has a similar kind of plastic screen protector on it that comes straight from the factory, so to speak. You *should* be able to take it off, provided that you go slowly and are careful. You should be fine!

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
It will come off and won't damage the screen. My OP5 had one and I took it off because I thought it looked ugly and I had their faux carbon fiber case to protect the screen anyway.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It will come off and won't damage the screen. My OP5 had one and I took it off because I thought it looked ugly and I had their faux carbon fiber case to protect the screen anyway.

Oh wow, it also came on the OP 5? I do like how OnePlus gives you accessories right out of the box.

Seanetta

Sep 5, 2017
Visit site
According to GSM Arena review this phone like many other Honor and Huawei phones doesn't have an oleophobic coating underneath the protector. Why does Huawei keep doing this??