wifi problems with alpha2 and alpha3

bverdon

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I am able to connect to my WiFi but after I download apps from either the Market or the Amazon app store I experience connectivity issues to any learned networks ONCE I reboot the tablet. it's as if during the download and/or install process of new apps corrupts the network PSK stuff. Weird this is...I don't experience any issues until I reboot (or turn off/on WiFi).

I can easily reproduce this and what I am doing for a workaround are the following steps:

1) install any new apps while using WiFi network no.1
2) go to wireless settings and forget WiFi network no.1
3) turn off wifi
4) turn back on WiFi
5) join WiFi no.1 and re-enter creds

Now i can reboot, turn off/on WiFi and connect back to WiFi network no.1 as often as I wish with no connectivity issues until I install new apps.

So I even reset things back to factory settings and can easily reproduce this. I even have this issue when I am using the wireless network at work so i don't think it is something to do with my access point specifically but I find this odd that not everyone is experiencing the same exact issue.

Any ideas?

anon(560890)

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The only problems I've had with wifi were that on my home wifi I had to switch the channel the first time and the signal is not quite as strong in places as webOS was. Sounds to me like you may have a corrupted file on one of your installs.

anon(560890)

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
You may have to back up your apps & data and do a complete reinstall if an installation file was corrupted. If it occcurred after you installed some apps though, it may have been one of those.

bverdon

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
You may have to back up your apps & data and do a complete reinstall if an installation file was corrupted. If it occcurred after you installed some apps though, it may have been one of those.

Already tried that with alpa2. There has to be a more prefixed way to re-initialize the wifi settings. There is another post that addressed this. ..I will try that first.

dahauss

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Pruritus

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried the solution as well, and it worked for me; however, deleting the wifi directory before rebooting was just too painful. Instead, I did the uninstall and re-installed. After it behaved the same, I then followed someone else's advice, and then

-> changed my router's channel from 11 to 8 (2447Mhz).

I had previously tried 1,2, and 6 to no avail before the re-install.

petrus1

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
This worked for me

Download battery Dr +a task killer from the market
open and goto the settings tab
set the airplane mode to off
go to apps then settings then to wireless & networks
place a check on airplane mode
g to wifi settings and check wifi box
select your wireless connection

This solved my wifi problems.

Hope this fixes your problem as well. :)

Last edited:

cobra101

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
In short, I went to advanced in wifi settings tab. Set wifi sleep policy to never. If that doesn't work. You can boot to webos and enter into development mode. Lookup how-to, its an easy one. By enabling that in webos it help on one system I had.