HTC 10 Reviews

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
usually the reviews go out right before or as the phone is shipping this means embargo must be lifted we might get them before May...

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
All reviews seem to be favorable. That's good news for HTC and all of us as Android fans.

They were always going to be "favorable". That was never in doubt. However the reviews I've seen are less than indicative of a home run. So-so battery life, a good but not as good as Galaxy display, much improved camera but not class leading, etc. These same things have been said of every HTC since the M7.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
They were always going to be "favorable". That was never in doubt. However the reviews I've seen are less than indicative of a home run. So-so battery life, a good but not as good as Galaxy display, much improved camera but not class leading, etc. These same things have been said of every HTC since the M7.

(Not as good as Galaxy display - It should not be as good its LCD not Amoled last I checked no LCD panel can be Amoled. Not sure why everyone does this compare it to the best LCD display on the market currently which is the LG-G5 only one site did that and they indicated it is hands down better then the G5's LCD)

(Battery Life- Again folks are comparing it to the larger battery of the Nexus 6, and GS7E really both of those devices are Amoled as well instant better battery screen tech) Again compare it to other LCD panel phones with the same size Battery)

Camera - well nothing to say there outside of what they are saying some are saying its great but that its not worlds better than Samsung so this is just something folks are gonna have to test themselves.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
What did Verge give it I am scared to go over and look at theirs its rare they give any phone great ratings they are on a different planet but hey thats why we compare.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't like the verge review..

Okay I just went over and watched it and I don't know dude Dan did not really say anything that is bad he basically said it does the smartphone things really well it just that though a smartphone and really doesn't bring anything to take it past the others that do the something just as well. Basically they didn't have gimmicks or showstopper accessories added like you get with LG G5 and friends, and Galaxy with its crazy crazy fast cams and VR stuff along with 360 cameras and what nots. So I get what he is saying but its not a bad review I preordered the device day 1 I knew i was ordering it for three things Build, Speakers , and a good not great good camera let me clarify (better than what they have put out in the past). I wasn't expecting it to be a GOD among Hero devices. Samsung and Apple are basically Zues and Cronos everyone else is just Demigods trying to make in the world.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Yes man. I was hoping for the camera to be amazing. This so so thing is making me feel sad for HTC. Once again. Everybody is saying that the hardware is there just the software isn't doing it justice. Just like the M9.

And a speedy camera with good processing is something I look in a phone because I don't buy any other cameras I rely on my phone only.

Ahhhh HTC. Please fix it before release. Come on!

I see the reviewers being hopeful about HTC fixing this issue because they really want to love this phone in its totality. Same is the case with the consumers.

HTC come on man! Fix it! Bring it home!

Posted via the Android Central App

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Funny how most of the reviews say good battery life but one or two don't. Guess they all test differently which leads to different results.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Don't like the verge review..

Many people feel the same way. Check out the dislike to like ratio on that video :p only Verge can get that kind of hate.

I'm really impressed by their "compare every single thing in this world to an iPhone" strategy. They just HAVE TO mention Apple and how amazing they are.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Many people feel the same way. Check out the dislike to like ratio on that video :p only Verge can get that kind of hate.

I'm really impressed by their "compare every single thing in this world to an iPhone" strategy. They just HAVE TO mention Apple and how amazing they are.

To be fair I read the Verge and no other tech site has more haters than they do so it's to be expected. People are upset by their horrible "8" score like that's terrible but he justifies his score. It's as good as the competition as far as batter life, software, and basic features but it's camera is less than the S7, iPhone, or other devices. If those all got 9's then it makes sense it would get a slightly lower score. an 8 is not a 4.

madgalaxy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
99% of the time I get better battery life than reviewers get - everyone usage is different. I am anticipating battery will be fantastic for me.

I am simply not a camera guy, if it can take a reasonable good picture of a loaf of bread to send to my wife to verify it is the correct loaf of bread - I am good. But I do understand why others are passionate about cameras.

For me the size is right I would prefer a phone with a metal build and an LCD screen. Regardless of the reviews I have already pre-ordered! Cant wait!

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes man. I was hoping for the camera to be amazing. This so so thing is making me feel sad for HTC. Once again. Everybody is saying that the hardware is there just the software isn't doing it justice. Just like the M9.

And a speedy camera with good processing is something I look in a phone because I don't buy any other cameras I rely on my phone only.

Ahhhh HTC. Please fix it before release. Come on!

I see the reviewers being hopeful about HTC fixing this issue because they really want to love this phone in its totality. Same is the case with the consumers.

HTC come on man! Fix it! Bring it home!

Andrew said there was an update that fixed it but I don't know if the Verge had that update before their review went up or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez