Should I buy htc 10 or else samsung galaxy s7?

Technotr

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello friends.I researched long time but i still dont decide what i buy.I have used galaxy s4 since 3.5 years but at now s4 is not work normally.I got used to amoled display so i like bright display but i'm afraid some points on galaxy s7.I will use min. 3 years to new phone.
-In the long time using, does galaxy s7 work like first time.performance ?
My Anticipation of new smart phone
-good camera (not the best it should above average)
-Fast and stabile performance(it should not slow down in long time using)
-Enough battery in one days
Can you help me friends which should i buy? I expect comments of htc one's and galaxy s7's user.

Dr. S

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an S7 and returned it to opt for the 10. They're both excellent phones, so it really just comes down to personal preference. TouchWiz is pretty polarizing; I wasn't a fan and prefer the simpler Sense UI. S7 has a brighter screen and a slightly better camera, but the 10 has better sound and a more sturdy build quality. The fingerprint scanner is also a lot faster and more accurate on the 10. It's too early to say which will perform better after a couple years, but TouchWiz does have the reputation of slowing down after a while.

Technotr

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank your all comments.HTC Sense is better for long time period but according to technology writing what i read samsung solve the touchwiz problem but although this s7 use a lot of ram than htc 10.according to saying samsung solve touchwiz slow down problem is it really.is have a problem long time using period ?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I had an S7 and sold it after a week as it's battery sucks and standby time is horrible. In addition, all Samsung phones give me weaker radio (cell signal) reception. It is full of bloatware and gets updates the last.

Stick to the HTC 10, it's better in every aspect, better battery, stock Android experience, no duplicate apps for everything thanks to no bloatware from HTC, awesome camera and a better front facing 5MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization.

Best of all, its battery life is night and day better than the S7. I had to charge my S7 3 times per day and yes all apps background refresh was off and I set Doze to always optimize all apps, it's something with its radio that sucks the battery like no tomorrow. With the HTC 10, I charge it once every 1.5 days

Never buying a Samsung phone again personally.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you ask on an HTC forum then you know what you'll get, if you do the same on the Samsung forum then you'll also know what you'll get, so... best thing for you is to try to find a store that have both and try them as long as they allow you and decide for yourself.

I have the HTC 10 and the S7 edge and while the HTC 10 is the best phone HTC has ever done, for me the S7 edge is the best phone I've owned and of course the best one available right now, but if you compare it with the S7 and not interested on the edge, then it's a lot closer for the HTC 10, but for me the S7 still contains the best all around package, the HTC 10 for Sound, the S7/S7 edge for everything else, including Skin, yes, you hear that right, I really don't like Sense at all, a lot of missing features (good features not gimmicks) when you come from a Samsung flagship. The HTC 10 has a great build, its aluminum material is top notch but that is just pure preference, some don't like aluminum phones, some don't like glass back phones, I'm good with both builds, the HTC 10 a lot better avoiding fingerprints on all the phone.

I'll keep both and I switch between them every 5-7 days so I have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Technotr

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your dear comments.Most likely I will buy the s7.According to solving touchwiz problem I think give more luck to samsung.HTC Sense is very stabile and useful but it may boring after some time.I will research a bit time and decide what i buy.Finally I ask one question.Display of s7 is very bright I know this but do the camera of s7 is realistic or unrealistic?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your dear comments.Most likely I will buy the s7.According to solving touchwiz problem I think give more luck to samsung.HTC Sense is very stabile and useful but it may boring after some time.I will research a bit time and decide what i buy.Finally I ask one question.Display of s7 is very bright I know this but do the camera of s7 is realistic or unrealistic?

The colors a bit over saturated by I actually like them, as I said I had the S7 before the HTC 10 and it has the best smartphone camera out there.

Just make sure to buy two extra chargers with it, one for your car and one for work as you will need to charge your phone 2 - 3 times a day.

Technotr

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
The colors a bit over saturated by I actually like them, as I said I had the S7 before the HTC 10 and it has the best smartphone camera out there.

Just make sure to buy two extra chargers with it, one for your car and one for work as you will need to charge your phone 2 - 3 times a day.

As I understand battery of s7 is not enough and it may have a problem using in day.Is it really?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
As I understand battery of s7 is not enough and it may have a problem using in day.Is it really?

yeah the standby phone just like most Samsung phones is not so good. It sucks battery even if you don't touch it. That's why I sold my S7 after a week and lost 25% of its value

like now with the HTC 10, after heavy usage at the end of the day, I am still @ 50% battery life.

Technotr

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I considered your saying but I'm very like amoled display ı think this feature is adducting me to s7 because if the display of phone very bright,photo looks more clearly,playing games on the phone more enjoyable .According to your opinion,do the htc display better than s7?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
yeah the standby phone just like most Samsung phones is not so good. It sucks battery even if you don't touch it. That's why I sold my S7 after a week and lost 25% of its value

like now with the HTC 10, after heavy usage at the end of the day, I am still @ 50% battery life.

Dude it's fine that you had a bad experience and you are talking based on that, but don't speak as if it's a fact. Every phone can have a rogue app, all our Android phones, some more than others, come from factory with tons of unnecessary apps and services running all time, best you can do for yourself is simply remove all bloatwares and services you won't use or need.

So, with that said, no, it's not true that all Samsung phones drain battery on standby mode, my S7 edge can be in standby for 8 hours while I sleep and it just uses 4-5% battery life, the same than the S7 I also had and gave with the Jump ON Demand to get the HTC 10. The battery life on the HTC 10, is basically the same for me than it was when I had the S7, so it's very good for both, but the Note 5 and the S7 edge are in another league.

So like I said, it's fine that you had a very bad experience and are talking because of it, but saying that All Samsung phones have the same problems you had is just wrong and not true.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I considered your saying but I'm very like amoled display ı think this feature is adducting me to s7 because if the display of phone very bright,photo looks more clearly,playing games on the phone more enjoyable .According to your opinion,do the htc display better than s7?

Again, better this or that is just based on personal preferences so the only one that can be sure what it's better for you is yourself, do yourself a favor and look for a store where you can have both in hand and you'll answer all your questions by yourself. One thing you won't be able to know by having both at hands in a store is how great the audio on the HTC 10 with its superior DAC and the Boomsound feature, so if you are into sound via earphones then the HTC 10 should be your choice, if not that important then it's get harder for the HTC 10.

For me, no, HTC 10, has a very good screen, but it's not better than the Amoled's S7 ones, brightness alone the S7 is superior by far, direct sunlight usage on the S7 is a big plus, not so on the HTC, and about the colors, the default settings on the S7 is Adaptive display mode and it's very Vivint and bright and some people call that as over saturated, but if you want something a lot more close to natural colors just change that settings to basic, that will give you the best of both worlds, a great Amoled display with the very close to perfect colors.

Last edited:

Technotr

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
For me, no, HTC 10, has a very good screen, but it's not better than the Amoled's S7 ones, brightness alone the S7 is superior by far, direct sunlight usage on the S7 is a big plus, not so on the HTC, and about the colors, the default settings on the S7 is Adaptive display mode and it's very Vivint and bright and some people call that as over saturated, but if you want something a lot more close to natural colors just change that settings to basic, that will give you the best of both worlds, a great Amoled display with the very close to perfect colors.

Thank you so much.You told that I'm thinking.As you saying,amoled screen more vivint and bright more than ips panel.Display is the most important thing on the phone for myself so most likely I prefer samsung galaxy s7.I hope it is not sadden me because of touchwiz slow down problem in long time period.Performance of sound is not very important for me.Standard level of sound is enough for me because I don't listen music very long time so this features not significant for myself

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I used S7E a few different times and its way better than any other Galaxy phone prior, even then, still wasnt enough for me to even consider after using. The HTC 10 won me over about 5 mins after giving it a try in person. I have no regrets as the HTC does what I need out of my phone better than the S7 could do. Each person is different and my wants vary from others so its a case of try before you buy.

My only gripe with current Galaxy lineup, will be how touchwiz stands up over time. Ive always disliked it and how it would slow down phones. The answer of swapping launchers never made sense for me, big reason I cant go Samsung phones still, since I dont buy a new phone and have to swap its UI completely day 1 to get a better experience. Thats a large drawback still for me. Though the S7 is better than any prior with the Touchwiz aspect causing issues.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you embrace lag and bloatware, go with Samsung.
Otherwise, HTC is the one to pick =)

After 10 different flagships from different manufacturers in the last couple of years and a couple of other mid range phones, I know what lag is and i'm still waiting for the so called lag on my Note 5 (that I used for 6.5 months and now my daughter has) and S7 edge and the so called slowness compared to all my other phones and right now, the HTC 10. Stop hating just because you don't like Samsung, my HTC 10 is as smooth as my S7 edge that I've had for the past 3 months, just a scheduled weekly reboot it's all I've done, just like I do with all my phones including the HTC 10, still as great as the first day.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
After 10 different flagships from different manufacturers in the last couple of years and a couple of other mid range phones, I know what lag is and i'm still waiting for the so called lag on my Note 5 (that I used for 6.5 months and now my daughter has) and S7 edge and the so called slowness compared to all my other phones and right now, the HTC 10. Stop hating just because you don't like Samsung, my HTC 10 is as smooth as my S7 edge that I've had for the past 3 months, just a scheduled weekly reboot it's all I've done, just like I do with all my phones including the HTC 10, still as great as the first day.

I'm not hating, I'm answering OP's question based on my personal opinion and past experience.

I know a LOT of people with S6 and Note 5 who complain about other phones and yet they can barely do stuff with theirs because of lag. And never coming updates.

Plus, I've had one of those ***famous*** Samsung and it was a lagfest everytime I turned it on, no matter how often I factory reset it, cleared the cache and such.

Do they have qualities? Yup. But they are overshadowed by the not-so-awesome things happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Technotr

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all comments.I will view htc 10 and s7 in the technological market and I will decide according to this HTC Sense is very stabile than s7 ı know this but ips and a bit dark screen remove me from the htc 10,at the same time samsung's touchwiz create some afraid for me because I must use min 3 years that I buy it,although this long time using performance is important.It's not even though first day's performance.It should work fastly and not slow down when I enter the camera or play games or surf on social media.HTC sense is good in the this situation.Even though htc one m7 is very fast at now but galaxy s4 not work fastly like htc one m7.Of course became a lot of devoloping on samsung's touchwiz over time but I didn't use any samsung phone with new touchwiz.Naturally I've some apprehension over this situation.