Just Passed My 14 Days With The HTC 10 (Review)

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not one to buy phones and be tied in a contract. or payment arrangement. I have been using the one m8 on and of for a year now (using other models, like the MXPE and Lg G3) but i always went back to the one M8. So after i straightened out my upgrade issue with Verizon, I took the plunge. I actually ordered the phone full retail and there was an issue with my payment so i went into a store and was told if i bought it through them, I'd get $100 off. So i did. I noticed a few days later i never got a 2nd conformation number for my 2nd order, so i called again. The 3rd rep canceled that order and offered me $200 of plus an extra $20 off for my inconvenience and $40 off for my activation fee. This order i made sure went through.

I finally got the 10, 3 days later and the first thing i notice was it felt really good in my hand without any casing. It was really easy to activate. All i did was turn my M8 off and then turn the 10 on. I always have issues transferring things over too, but this was seemless. It seems like all i did was log in and everything was there, my pictures, texts, apps wallpapers and even my set up. Awesome! The only thing it was missing was my theme i had picked on my M8. no sweat.

I had purchased a a neo gel case from Spigen and i looks much better with just silver on the sides. I dont know why htc decided to make the front black and everything else silver. Reminds me of my original htc hero on sprint.

When i finally got to work that night i opened up the box and unwrapped the charger, its really sweet to be able to plug it in without looking at which way the charger is facing. Edit: The quick charge on this phone isn't as fast as it is on the MXPE but you will still be 0-100% in a lil over an hour.

While it was charging i set up the fingerprint sensor, which i wasnt sure if i was on that boat! It took me a few tries to set it up, and after i finally did, i noticed it wouldnt work several times, i could litterally use any finger i wanted to unlock rge phone. even asked my coworker to try unlocking my phone. So i turned it off completely and put a pattern lock on it.

I loved the swipe down twice gesture to open the camera and i set up the volume buttons to become the picture taking buttons. pretty slick coming from a MXPE.

I started playing around with it, and it's still sense. i don't know why people say its very vanilla. But i like sense better than any other skin if it cant be a pure android experience. It really feels like an upgrade from the M8

A few days into having it, i got notified of a software update. (i guess for the camera) So i upgraded. I didn't start using the camera until after the upgrade so i don't know if it improved it. i did notice it took weak pictures if you zoomed in all the way with the rear camera. But if the camera was at normal zoom length the pictures were beautiful.

I walk alot so the not being able to see the screen in day light review bugged me. I went for a walk and you know what? i could see the screen better than the M8. So that is debunked. The boom sound in the speakers is awesome! great music listening experience. So that brought me to want to try the actual speakers on the phone watching a youtube video. I wasnt to thrilled. it has two options theater mode and music mode, and honestly i will keep it on music mode.WARNING: They are not the M8 speakers. If you are in a room showing someone a video, thats cool. But not recommended for showing video in a bar or a noisy setting, but for personal use they are great.

After the software upgrade i tried the scanner again and guess what? It worked. So now i have a few fingers registered and it doesnt work on my other fingers or other peoples fingers just like its supposed to. It's also pretty snappy with unlocking the phone.

Well yesterday was day 15 and i had forgotten, but thats ok because i can see myself with this phone for 2 years. or until i see what htc does with a nexus! :p

One last thing, i really like on screen buttons so i hated these buttons at first and it actually works out really well (even though it's a clear rip off of a galaxy phone) the phone looks really slick when its asleep.

I think htc could come back with this phone.

Last edited:

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is fantastic. It lasted me 22hours yesterday, with normal use! And something i have noticed is when it is asleep, it really goes into a deep sleep and doesnt drain the batter much. less than 5%