T-Mobile done with HTC 10

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
You lost me at misfires and claiming the M8 was one of them. About as far from the truth as possible.

I have to disagree on that. I would say it was a misfire for two reasons: I thought the camera was absolutely terrible and I didn't care for the screen all that much. Granted, I was running the Windows version of the M8 and I'm assuming it didn't change the screen or camera quality much. And, of course, that's just my opinion. I love the 10, though.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have to disagree on that. I would say it was a misfire for two reasons: I thought the camera was absolutely terrible and I didn't care for the screen all that much. Granted, I was running the Windows version of the M8 and I'm assuming it didn't change the screen or camera quality much. And, of course, that's just my opinion. I love the 10, though.

Wasnt anything bad about the screen quality. Was solid screen for its time no doubt. Camera wasnt great, but I will never be one to expect DSLR out of a camera on a phone. Will it take a picture of something when Im out and have my phone, sure will. So I will never hold camera against a phone. That isnt make or break for me with phones. Overall build quality, os responsiveness will always outweigh other things. To each their own though, if camera is that important and you ignore the countless things the phone did right, then yeah, misfire it is.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think trying to figure out why Samsung phones became so popular, advertising is number one. Then camera, screen, and other features. HTC has lagged in all those areas.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I think trying to figure out why Samsung phones became so popular, advertising is number one. Then camera, screen, and other features. HTC has lagged in all those areas.

I dislike when ppl do this... what about audio, battery, and other features HTC has always been better at? Ppl harp on what samsung does better than other phones but never mention what other phones does better than samsung... No phone is best/better at everything!

this isn't a personal attack, I just see a lot of ppl always mention camera and screen as if that makes a phone.

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Wasnt anything bad about the screen quality. Was solid screen for its time no doubt.

I would politely disagree. Trying to remember what phone I had before - I think it was the Lumia 925 (if not the 925, definitely a Lumia) - but the screen on that was much crisper. The blacks were a nice, deep black and the colors really seemed to pop compared to my 925.

Camera wasnt great, but I will never be one to expect DSLR out of a camera on a phone. Will it take a picture of something when Im out and have my phone, sure will. So I will never hold camera against a phone. That isnt make or break for me with phones.

I won't ever compare a camera to a phone either, but the camera is pretty important to me. If I'm on vacation it's always great to be able to get good shots with my phone - I usually don't carry a camera and I just didn't find the M8 camera good enough for me. I thought the camera in my Lumia 640 (which I replaced the M8 with) took better pictures. I posted a few comparison shots on Windows Central when I first got my 640: Pictures & Videos Taken With My Lumia 640 - Windows Central Forums

Overall build quality, os responsiveness will always outweigh other things. To each their own though, if camera is that important and you ignore the countless things the phone did right, then yeah, misfire it is.

I had several things I loved about the phone: as you mentioned the overall build quality, it's blazing speed (esp. since Windows phone 8 (or 8.1?) was less resource intensive than Android), the feel in my hand (although a little slick), its looks and the battery life was fantastic. Like unreal fantastic. But the camera just wasn't good enough for me to call it a misfire. I agree and understand that's a personal opinion and totally subjective. I never used the M9, but the 10 erased that concern for me.

Last edited:

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I dislike when ppl do this... what about audio, battery, and other features HTC has always been better at? Ppl harp on what samsung does better than other phones but never mention what other phones does better than samsung... No phone is best/better at everything!

this isn't a personal attack, I just see a lot of ppl always mention camera and screen as if that makes a phone.

I guess you didn't get the memo that if there are other areas where manufacturers excel in that Samsung doesn't, they aren't important. It's the same song every year. Just go through the threads, every strength of the 10 was brushed to the side by them.

The only things that matter now are the display, battery life, rear camera, and the IP rating..oh and wireless charging. So HTC needs to just focus on those areas for its next flagship (which I doubt they'll make another one), drop everything else, and then their flagship might get credit for something (yeah right, they'll never get credit for anything).

I'm being half sarcastic, but it's been the same trend year after year of HTC not getting credit for much of anything.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't speaking objectively, but subjectively and the market has spoken. I liked my HTC Rezound from a few years ago. I really like Moto phones. But only two companies make money on cell phones, Apple and Samsung, and apparently they are giving what people want.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It does make the phone to some -- may not to you but for some camera is #1 on the list.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It does make the phone to some -- may not to you but for some camera is #1 on the list.

I don't think I was understood... I'm not saying take away what samsung does "the best/better" i'm saying ppl (online at least) tend to act like other things aren't important to other consumers... just like the camera is #1 for some ppl, durability and audio are both my main concerns... I really don't have an allegiance to any manufacture

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't speaking objectively, but subjectively and the market has spoken. I liked my HTC Rezound from a few years ago. I really like Moto phones. But only two companies make money on cell phones, Apple and Samsung, and apparently they are giving what people want.

lol @ giving people what they want... no, they are telling people what they want (which is a great thing to be able to do in business). How many ppl were asking for wireless charging and "waterproofing" phones before samsung made it seem like it is the best thing every thought of for a phone. I've been on tech forums for years and just in the general public the majority of people really cared about battery life, it was always battery this or battery that, yet almost every flagship phone get around the same battery time. Even with samsung having the largest battery out of everybody almost every other phone get around the same day use.

Oan: watch how a lot of iphone users are complaining about the missing audio jack on the upcoming iphones now but in a few years or maybe even just a few months after having the phone they will be saying it is the best thing ever(mark my words)...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I was understood... I'm not saying take away what samsung does "the best/better" i'm saying ppl (online at least) tend to act like other things aren't important to other consumers... just like the camera is #1 for some ppl, durability and audio are both my main concerns... I really don't have an allegiance to any manufacture

I can agree with that. Camera is very important to me since I have a nephew now so .. pictures are bound to happen and I want good ones. We always like to go with the "buy what you love, love what you buy" moto. I have tried a lot of the major guys (HTC, Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Motorola, etc.) to play the field and find out what I truly like in a phone for me :).

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
To delta7: I personally do not see anything wrong with the design of the 10 but everyone sees things different. As for the weight... How is the phone even remotely heavy?

For a 5.2 inch screen the phone is a bit heavy compared to others the same size. You're used to it so you won't understand, I carry a 5x and it's very light compared to the m10. Also the so was lighter by a bit to the my who u was the same weight as the g4 with a bigger screen.

I know Samsung and others added more features which increased weight of the s7 but htc all. Metal design always weighed quite a bit for smaller screen phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
For a 5.2 inch screen the phone is a bit heavy compared to others the same size. You're used to it so you won't understand, I carry a 5x and it's very light compared to the m10. Also the so was lighter by a bit to the my who u was the same weight as the g4 with a bigger screen.

I know Samsung and others added more features which increased weight of the s7 but htc all. Metal design always weighed quite a bit for smaller screen phones.

I love it when people say a phone is heavy. As if you're straining yourself to pick the thing up😱😱😱 Hahahaa.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I love it when people say a phone is heavy. As if you're straining yourself to pick the thing up?????????????????? Hahahaa.

I think that is over exaggerating it a bit -- they obviously don't mean that :). All these things have weight -- I don't struggle when holding an iPad Air 2 to my face but is it way more convenient to hold my phone to my face? Yes.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I guess you didn't get the memo that if there are other areas where manufacturers excel in that Samsung doesn't, they aren't important. It's the same song every year. Just go through the threads, every strength of the 10 was brushed to the side by them.

The only things that matter now are the display, battery life, rear camera, and the IP rating..oh and wireless charging. So HTC needs to just focus on those areas for its next flagship (which I doubt they'll make another one), drop everything else, and then their flagship might get credit for something (yeah right, they'll never get credit for anything).

I'm being half sarcastic, but it's been the same trend year after year of HTC not getting credit for much of anything.

Sadly this is very true. People pick the weakest thing of HTC, which isnt even bad by any means, and they run with it as how it drags the whole phone down badly based on that 1 thing. And how Samsungs camera is so much better.

lbskate74

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Okay I can see it from your perspective. Personally, when something has more weight to it, it makes it feel more "premium" to me so I welcome the extra weight

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
It is so funny that when the HTC One m9 overheated every threw a tantrum. Now that the note 7 is exploding, everyone is so calm about a $850 grenade.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It is so funny that when the HTC One m9 overheated every threw a tantrum. Now that the note 7 is exploding, everyone is so calm about a $850 grenade.

Lol I've even seen threads about it overheating before this whole exploding recall problem happened... Hardly anyone thought it was a big deal, they acted like it was OK but pandemonium happened when the m9 heated up as if they were gonna buy the phone anyway lol

richard dillon1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Lol I've even seen threads about it overheating before this whole exploding recall problem happened... Hardly anyone thought it was a big deal, they acted like it was OK but pandemonium happened when the m9 heated up as if they were gonna buy the phone anyway lol
This TouchPal keyboard and HTC has is amazing. I tried every keyboard and revert back to this one

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
This TouchPal keyboard and HTC has is amazing. I tried every keyboard and revert back to this one

I have to agree with you. What I like about it is the always on number keys. Google's keyboard lets you have numbers on but turns it into a computer keyboard. Not sure why number on isn't an option on all keyboards. and it it is an option, I just have not found it yet and maybe someone can tell me how to turn it on in Swype which has always been my fav.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez