Nougat worth it or not?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
So I got this update notification on my phone for Nougat and I'm not really bothered about it partly because of my previous experiences of updating which have always resulted in problems of one sort or another.

However I'm willing to be convinced, even though HTC had to recently stop pushing the updates does not fill me with anticipation for this update but I have heard some people saying that battery life is improved and that is something that I am interested in.

But I just wanted to check in with early adopters here before jumping in. Is the battery life really noticeably better and has any one noticed any bugs minor or major?

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
it's just way smoother.. you might fiddle with the phone more cuz of the update and not think the battery is better but I believe it is... I don't game though

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for reply, here's the thing, I feel everybody says that it feels smoother and is that because it's the 'latest'?Ppeople said the same thing about lollipop on the HTC M8 but it was actually worse for me... I wonder if any one has done actual tests and gotten statistics to prove that battery life is better on Nougat. That would convince be to update... I have zero problems withh my 6.0 and u get 6 hours SOT even with medium usage so I think I'll stick at the moment...

The only test I can find shows that Marshmallow is actually better performer (although for Nexus phones)

https://youtu.be/_a7AC2UXpYg

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have had the HTC since launch. I have had nougat since launch. For my everyday usage I have noticed an overall improvement with the device. HTC has put out another update for bug fixes for nougat along with the January security update.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen of Nougat it doesn't seem terribly exciting. What interests me most is possibly better battery life as some have said and extra smoothness would be a bonus, but so smooth already so I dunno.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about this as well. I was waiting for Nougat to upgrade from my m8 but Lollipop on my phone made it much worse in terms of battery life.

Cheers

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking about this as well. I was waiting for Nougat to upgrade from my m8 but Lollipop on my phone made it much worse in terms of battery life.

Cheers
I hear you, think part of the problem is that it takes a while for apps to get optimised for a new OS as well... That's another reason why I'm not ready to install Nougat. I know lots of people are saying that Nougat is smooth abd battery life is good but they said the same about lollipop. I wonder if people imagine that is better because it's 'new'. I've seen a lot of speed performance tests on YouTube comparing Nougat and Marshmallow and must of them Marshmallow beats Nougat for performance! I still haven't seen any deep stats or tests on battery life to compare the two until then I will stick with Marshmallow. I get two days battery life from my HTC 10 and approximately 6 hours screen on time with moderate to heavy usage and I don't want to comprise that as I did with the htc m8 lollipop situation until I see detailed battery stats tests.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I hear you, think part of the problem is that it takes a while for apps to get optimised for a new OS as well... That's another reason why I'm not ready to install Nougat. I know lots of people are saying that Nougat is smooth abd battery life is good but they said the same about lollipop. I wonder if people imagine that is better because it's 'new'. I've seen a lot of speed performance tests on YouTube comparing Nougat and Marshmallow and must of them Marshmallow beats Nougat for performance! I still haven't seen any deep stats or tests on battery life to compare the two until then I will stick with Marshmallow. I get two days battery life from my HTC 10 and approximately 6 hours screen on time with moderate to heavy usage and I don't want to comprise that as I did with the htc m8 lollipop situation until I see detailed battery stats tests.
There must be a "battery life" thread on Android Central and on XDA for you to check that. Have you searched for it?

Cheers

jonahtrav

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like things are going good for you... If you don't care security patches like the January one or don't think you're important don't update I have to because I use my phone for everything from banking to paying utilities so I want the latest security patches but the for you maybe I would just leave it where it's at

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like things are going good for you... If you don't care security patches like the January one or don't think you're important don't update I have to because I use my phone for everything from banking to paying utilities so I want the latest security patches but the for you maybe I would just leave it where it's at
I agree. Security patches should be obligatory to ALL smartphones, not only flagships for a mere period of 2 years. Google should enforce this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo