Bluetooth phone audio died on me!?!

timdawg42

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with a Droid Turbo 2. Based on the article referenced above, hopefully a fix happens quickly. I was starting to think it was a 3rd party app or related to something I disabled like Slacker Radio or VZ Navigator. Hopefully this also fixes the random bluetooth wakelock that causes doze to not work as well.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The article points only to Nexus and Pixel devices using the Google Dialer, but we don't have that app. I don't know how it affected us (and some Moto users), but hopefully they can get a fix out ASAP.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
That's one way, or you clear the data in the "bluetooth share" app. Your option is easier, but also kills the battery

Well, my "fix" doesn't work after switching from one BT device (headphones) to another (my car). Leaving BT on doesn't help - reboot is necessary. Looks like I'll be applying your fix for the time being. Heard any other word about a fix?

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No idea. The issue and the fix I read about is related to the stock Google Dialer app, which we don't have, so how did we get affected with the same bug? Beats me. If the underlying logic in our dialer is some kind of overlay to the Google app, maybe that helps, but I don't think this is the case. All I do know is that it's a huge pain in the ***!

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else tried NFC? My earpiece and phone have NFC so it should work, I am unable to get the 10 to connect via NFC. Has anyone else used NFC successfully?

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Had no idea this was even an option. Never heard of NFC headsets.

My Plantronics B5200 Bluetooth earpiece has NFC also so I thought it might at least be a part solution for while im in the car. So glad I spent all this money on an earpiece for my phone, lost it, replaced it and now it wont work. Almost as good as the new blue ray player i bought that my phone would cast to until the next version of Android showed up and it wouldnt work anymore. I had to now buy a chromecast! I give up.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Sprint HTC 10 and just updated to Nougat. I've had absolutely no bluetooth problems before or after the update. I use my Blueant Q3i constantly. It works and sounds great. I rarely ever switch bluetooth off, but do occasionally. I just took my phone to Mexico, switching in and out of airplane mode and not using BT for a week. Back and working normally.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was just on the line with Verizon for another problem and mentioned the bluetooth issue. She recorded it to the log and mentioned that if more people report the issue the likelihood of it being looked at and resolved sooner is greater. If you have this issue and are on Verizon please take a minute to give them a call. They make it impossible to find their phone number but I dont give up easily so here it is LOL 1-800-922-0204. Thanks in advance.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I've yet to try this in my car but here's a possible fix (found in comments regarding the issue on the Pixel). I just got a new replacement phone yesterday (for a different issue) so I'm starting from a clean slate. I'll report back later:

"Like someone posted before, remove the Bluetooth apps from Battery Optimization and the issue got fixed for me. Earlier I had to restart Bluetooth on my Pixel XL almost every other time I wanted to connect it with the car.

Settings->Battery->Battery Optimization->All Apps --select Bluetooth and Bluetooth Share and Bluetooth MIDI Service -- set to not optimize."

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, the only way to connect for phone calls is to clear the data for system app called Bluetooth Share. It's a real pita, but no choice for the moment

Mgteggy01

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
This problem seemed to come up for me when the Google Assistant update hit my phone.

Try this.. It worked for me and my bluetooth works normally.

Go to the phone settings app>search for "Bluetooth scanning" and turn it OFF.

Turn on Bluetooth, go into your devices settings, and check if you can Toggle the "phone audio" profile.

Hopefully this works for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress