Regret getting this phone

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I loved the M8 so much, it had everything and still looks amazing in my opinion. However, the screen is not as bright as the M8 screen even. I know someone will say I got a bad screen but I think it's by design...I find the m8 brighter and whiter that the 10. Then there's the absence ofvthe it blaster...I still pick up my m8 from time to time for this. And lastly the battery performance had started to drop even though I have been very careful with regard to overcharging.... My battery peaked about 5 months in and now I'm noticing it's degrading slightly more and more as the weeks go by... I bought this phone in October 2016 so I'm a little bit upset but this. I have been extra careful with the battery, even only charging on a 20% -80% cycle but still it's degrading markedly... I've done all the resets and cache wipes... BlinkFeed is not what it used to be and is ghastly now with the news republic service. I wish I had waited for the lg v20 which has removable battery and ir blaster and good audiophile grade sound.... oh well...

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed brightness issues on my end. Usually it does pretty well there for me. Battery seems to be alright at the moment after having it since last June, although I would expect some sort of natural deterioration sometime in the next year. I usually try to keep it charged in the 50-90 range at all times and rarely charge it to full (maybe once a week?). Not sure if that plays a role either, since each phone might have its own little quirks and what not.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
My battery life has been pretty good, but then again I disable everything I don't use. Blinkfeed included.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have BlinkFeed too disabled, but still noticed that battery is degrading... Could be the quick charge... HTC site give users the chance to disable quick charge like Samsung do...

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I loved the M8 so much, it had everything and still looks amazing in my opinion. However, the screen is not as bright as the M8 screen even. I know someone will say I got a bad screen but I think it's by design...I find the m8 brighter and whiter that the 10. Then there's the absence ofvthe it blaster...I still pick up my m8 from time to time for this. And lastly the battery performance had started to drop even though I have been very careful with regard to overcharging.... My battery peaked about 5 months in and now I'm noticing it's degrading slightly more and more as the weeks go by... I bought this phone in October 2016 so I'm a little bit upset but this. I have been extra careful with the battery, even only charging on a 20% -80% cycle but still it's degrading markedly... I've done all the resets and cache wipes... BlinkFeed is not what it used to be and is ghastly now with the news republic service. I wish I had waited for the lg v20 which has removable battery and ir blaster and good audiophile grade sound.... oh well...

I had an M8 also and agree it was an awesome device for sure. However I do like the 10 better. I don't notice an issue with screen brightness and actually only have it at around 75%. Personal preference thing probably. I saw some brand new M8's on eBay for a couple hundred bucks. Some M7's as well, another great device.
I don't care for News Republic either and just leave Blink Feed disabled. I have a file for news sites. I always disable everything I never use as I see no reason to have it sitting their idling if I'll not use it. I like Sense but their are also lots of various launchers I also like and no, Nova ain't one of 'em, but that's just me. If you're into gestures then Nova is good for that. 3 finger swipe for this, 2 for that, 5 for another thing. I can't remember all that and don't need it. But tons of others out there may or may not help your battery life. Or just sell it and shop eBay for a brand new M8..

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I charge my phone all night, usually for 6 hours straight using the quick charge that came with the phone. When I plug it in at night it is about 30%. I have only seen my phone drop below 20% maybe two times in the last year. Most days at work I stream music to a blue tooth speaker for 9 hours and control that with my watch. MY screen on time is low, usually three to four hours over the course of the day. I have the screen brightness set to 50% most of the time. GPS and wifi are always on.

Once a week I drive to San Diego and back, about 100 miles, and I charge my phone while using Waze. I do not use Sense or Blinkfeed and have disabled that news service along with any other preloaded app I do not use.

I went from the M9 to the 10 and I am very satisfied with this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch