my htc desire 526 has a google lock on

sam_beemon

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
my htc desire has a google lock on it I don't remember my account information so I have factory reset a bunch of times but the lock still on there .is there something else I can do

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's Google's Factory Reset Protection feature. If you do a factory reset without first removing your Google account, you have to enter that Google account's information after the reset. It prevents thieves from being able to use the phone.

Recover your Google account information here: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/. Your Google account is super duper important for an Android phone, so if you're prone to forgetting this information, please consider writing the information on a piece of paper and keeping it some place secure, like a safe at home.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you describe how it didn't work for you? Are you certain that it won't work for anyone in this situation? It's still the most official account recovery option I know of, so I will keep suggesting it. For users who are prone to forgetting crucial information like their Google account (i.e., crucial for Android users), the best way to avoid having to resort to this is to physically write down the information and keep it somewhere secure, like a safe.