Did you notice in VZW's update instructions...

cdx280

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I pulled up the Software Update Instructions for the eris on vz's website just to see if there was anything interesting in there (fiy - there's not. i already learned everything here!)

I did notice, however, that on the last page of the instructions there is a screen shot of the wifi settings screen and it shows "webOS Network" as an available network.

i know the pre is available on VZ, but i still thought it was amusing that they showed a palm hotspot network for an htc phone.

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
I pulled up the Software Update Instructions for the eris on vz's website just to see if there was anything interesting in there (fiy - there's not. i already learned everything here!)

I did notice, however, that on the last page of the instructions there is a screen shot of the wifi settings screen and it shows "webOS Network" as an available network.

i know the pre is available on VZ, but i still thought it was amusing that they showed a palm hotspot network for an htc phone.

So what does this mean? lol

ericsmcdonald

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

It seems like whoever was in charge of getting screen shots of the Droid for this update manual had no access to a WiFi network, so s/he had to power up a Mobile WiFi hotspot in order to create it. Very interesting to have a lack of WiFi at either Verizon, Google, or HTC ... or they don't allow Smartphones to run on their WiFi networks? Or they hide those SSID's?

A bunch of possibilities, but yes funny nonetheless :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress