Swype for Eris

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
So odd, i installed it Wednesday and haven't had a single FC yet. I have also had zero problems with the word "didn't" and also learning new words. I love Swype.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Have to say I love swype. Im noticing that my battery hasn't been lasting as long since I installed it. Anyone else notice this?

I have noticed reduced battery life since installing it, but I also installed Tasker and then Timeriffic at the same time, so wasn't sure which one was making the impact.

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
it's gotta be swype... i haven't added anything new... in fact i've taken a couple of apps off... it's not too bad though, just enough to notice. Swype is awesome though. I will deal with a bit of reduced battery life to keep the function of swype! I think it's that good.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I give my props to swype, I use it non-stop since I've installed it. I haven't paid much attention to the battery life. I can't wait until it comes out of beta so I can pay for it (one of the few apps i'd pay for).

I've never had a FC either, long key pressing seems perfectly fine for me, and holding the back/delete button long press works good to.

The only quirk is that there is no button to collapse the keyboard like the stock keyboard, although in most cases you can hit the back button.

Last edited:

Starlixin

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
since RS is slow and no body wants to pay for a membership, i give the direct download link. I can't take credit for making it, but i found it and felt like sharing today. SO here you guys go

http://iq0.org/sites/default/files/signed-swypebeta.apk

as far as installation goes, need to:
1) "Application Settings" to enable unknown sources.
2) get ASTRO file manager (in case you need to go find the actuall data files again).
3) Click the link, get the goods, install the Swype keyboard.
4) After downloading, go to the Locale and Text settings tab and check the Swype functionary.
5) Long press in an 'input text field' (meaning the place where one would insert text for SMS/MMS/email or what have you).
6) enjoy swype! Most of the information i have found on installing and functioning of the program has been from google and this thread.

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Go to their website and watch the video tutorials. Only takes a couple of minutes but you see the full functionality of swype and its even better!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chwoka