2.1 leak - certain apps cannot connect

reddirtranch

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that a few apps, ie: Craigsphone and gbaHours, will not connect to sites, I get a "Web page not available" error, I can go to those pages with the stock browser however.

reddirtranch

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks xesso for restating the obvious. The problem is that many apps that go to a URL for updates or synchronization, Asterid, mybackuppro, gbaHours etc cannot connect to their own websites for updates etc.

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
yes this happens with the leak 2.1, also there is apps missing from the app store. you will just have to wait till the official 2.1 comes out so the secure web sites will work again.

reddirtranch

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
thats not the problem, I wasn't talking about the app store. as stated apps such as craigsphone will not connect to their prospective sites (sfo.craigslist.org by default) however you can use the browser no problem.

danrh13#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC Eris demo device (one of the Eris' that got the official 2.1 from HTC), and I can't access Market or Gmail. When I got the phone it had a hard reset done, did the setup and it never asked me for my Gmail info. Now when I turn on the device it states
"The application Google Partner Setup (process com.google.android.partnersetup) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I cant find anything on the forum because its just a bunch of people saying "good luck". Any fix?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo