Suddenly having problems...?

giggalz41

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
ive only had my eris for about a week...i love it..the first thing i downloaded was the advanced task killer..but every so often when i unlock my phone it will send me into a rotation of my call....the last missed call then its my contacts..i keep backing out of it and it just rotates it..i have to press the home screen to get me out of it all...i have no clue WH? it does this..anyone know?

i just got my droid tethered...which is helpful when i go over my usage with verizon internet...but i'm now not recieving my emails from gmail...i have an app for gmail that i was using..so tonight i set up with the mail the phone came with..and still not having much luck..i've figured that it wont me get emails and text messages while i'm connected and tethered to the net right?

if anyone can help me out..very much appreciate it..

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
This happens when Sense gets force closed or you don't have it ignored in TaskKiller and it get's closed. It will rotate those screens because they are unrealated to Sense. Then when you click home, it reloads your home screens again and the problem is gone. Try adding it to the ignore list in TaskKiller or removing it than re-adding it.

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
doogald is correct, most of the time taskkillers are unnecessary... you can do what i do, and it seems to work great. I set every single application the phone used to be ignored... except for games. So if i play a game and it is still running in the background i can manually end it or (using the autokill feature) turn on the lock screen and the taskkiller ends the games automatically.

giggalz41

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
i am not sure i understand....

now my email isnt updating..i have to do that myself..whats the deal..my alarm never went off either

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
i am not sure i understand....

now my email isnt updating..i have to do that myself..whats the deal..my alarm never went off either

It seems likely that ATK is killing off the background services that listen for your email updates and sound your alarms. It is possible to go into ATK and ignore those apps, but I'd encourage you to try using your phone without ATK for a few days. Uninstall it, restart your phone (so those apps and services restart themselves), and see how the phone works. If you still feel that you need ATK, you can always reinstall it later.

CrackMonkey91

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
yah enless you know hot to use the task killer like a pro just get ride of it will be easier, i can handle task killers no problem but i found it easier just use my phone with out it

giggalz41

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
i've uninstalled it..i've had problems with it all day..and like i said i love this phone..ive always had phones i didnt like..the last one the storm was a pain in the rear..

rw6497

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
wondering if you have charger hooked to while your trying to play with your phone. mine will do something similar where the screens will "slide" . its weird but it has been happening to me. unplug it and it will go away. .