What case will you be getting?

w0rryw0rt

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Damn, all the good cases are sold out. I'm guessing Best Buy will bombard me with options once i pick up my phone, though. Hopefully.

If not, I'll squeeze my EVO in my 1st gen iPod Touch leather case. :cool:

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a cheap Empire case from Amazon on the way. I'll use this until I can pick up a much better quality case after launch. Due to extreme quality of build issues Otterbox Defender case for my EVO 4G I will not be buying from them though.

readingkeeper

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to put a cheap Tpu case on until we hear back from the people who let their phones go naked. That camera issue really worries me since you can't replace it like you could a cover.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Best buy showed me 3 today and they were all huge and ugly. Told me they should be getting more kinds friday along with screen protectors.

EVO-LUTION 3D

kotoku

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit annoyed that I have access to NO decent cases for my phone...called the local Sprint stores, they've got nothing for me.

Maybe Best Buy will have an otterbox to sell me (phone comes tomorrow).

I really love Zagg products, wish they had a case, anyone know if it is in the pipeline?

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit annoyed that I have access to NO decent cases for my phone...called the local Sprint stores, they've got nothing for me.

Maybe Best Buy will have an otterbox to sell me (phone comes tomorrow).

I really love Zagg products, wish they had a case, anyone know if it is in the pipeline?

I just left my Sprint Store. They said they already have a lot of accessories for the EVO3D and will have them out when we come in to pick up the phones. I can't wait to see what they have. This store always has OtterBox cases in stock. It is the largest Sprint store in my area. Only 3D preorders are scheduled for Friday.

cyberwired

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I just left my Sprint Store. They said they already have a lot of accessories for the EVO3D and will have them out when we come in to pick up the phones. I can't wait to see what they have. This store always has OtterBox cases in stock. It is the largest Sprint store in my area. Only 3D preorders are scheduled for Friday.
Just left my local sprint store, where the evo 3d advocate "modeled" the various cases i was interested in, and showed me their entire stock (my evo 3d is on the ups truck for today). Picked up an otterbox commuter- looks really nice and the back raises over the camera just barely, so when lying on its back, the camera lens is protected.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just left my local sprint store, where the evo 3d advocate "modeled" the various cases i was interested in, and showed me their entire stock (my evo 3d is on the ups truck for today). Picked up an otterbox commuter- looks really nice and the back raises over the camera just barely, so when lying on its back, the camera lens is protected.

Good to know. I see I will be dropping a lot of $$$ Friday, either online or in stores. I have two EVO3Ds to outfit with accessories.

HikariNoKitsune

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I got the OtterBox Case XD I'm not 100% on the exact type since i left the box in the car, but it FULLY encases the phone. Even the cameras have a nice hard plastic protector, and has a built in screen protector. Also comes with its own side holster.

so far what i think:
Pros: Definitely makes the phone feel like you could drop it over a hundred times and it'll keep on chugging along with absolutely no problems. Comes with the holster. Holster's belt clip also doubles as a sort of kickstand for when you have the phone attacked with the screen facing outward. Rubber has a nice feel to it. Every feature of the phone is covered (aka head phone jack, camera button, 2D/3D switch, and charging port, all are covered in the rubber casing).Can be clipped into holster with the screen facing in, or out. Holster is very secure when attaching to the phone's case (aka no wiggle or motion what so ever).

Cons: SUPER bulky. The case near the edges of the screen is raised really high, and makes tapping objects near the edge very difficult. Sometimes the phone will think you lifted your finger off the screen if you use the same amount of pressure that you would if using it naked (aka, have to use slightly more pressure when using the touch screen). RUBBER IS LIKE A MAGNET TO EVERYTHING: Have noticed CONSTANT dust, pet hair, and random debris stuck to the rubber casing. Camera button is rather difficult to use. 2D/3D switch cover makes actually flipping the switch very difficult (must have decently long finger nails to catch the edge of the switch and slide it over)

All in all, I'll say this:
I really do not like the case because of its bulk, more difficult camera button, and minor touch screen issues. But I love it for its ability to make me feel that my phone is 100% safe, snug fit in the holster, and the fact that it actually has the holster.

So for those who care more about phone safety, this case will definitely do the job. But for those who have somewhat bigger fingers, this case may prove irritating as you can not accurately press on objects near the screen's edge, and can not easily move the 2D/3D switch.

Personally I am giving this case a few more days before I make the decision on keeping it or not. If it continues to prove as a hindrance to the overall usability of the phone, I will most definitely be taking it back, and either getting the thinner OtterBox case, or just going plain naked. I love the natural feel of the phone itself, and dont think I really like the feel of a case around it, but as I've said, I'm giving it a few more days personally.

Frankieprince2

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Otter Box Commuter case, and I'd have to say I like it. Doesn't limit my use of the screen, and gives that 100% satisfaction if I were to ever drop it. Covers the rear cameras well. No complaints here.

By the way...I'm a newbie to the Android world having switched over from the good ol Palm Pre WebOS world, and having not played with it extensively yet, I can tell its going to take some time getting used to the new features on this phone that I wasn't able to take advantage of on the Pre. Like I said though..I have no complaints so far.

miami786male

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Otter Box Commuter case, and I'd have to say I like it. Doesn't limit my use of the screen, and gives that 100% satisfaction if I were to ever drop it. Covers the rear cameras well. No complaints here.

By the way...I'm a newbie to the Android world having switched over from the good ol Palm Pre WebOS world, and having not played with it extensively yet, I can tell its going to take some time getting used to the new features on this phone that I wasn't able to take advantage of on the Pre. Like I said though..I have no complaints so far.
I got the outterbox Defender and it works greats very well built and strong and can with stand a good drop on rocks.

highdef2012

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the Platinum case from Best Buy with the kick stand. Very nice case. Doesn't add much bulk at all and very nicely made. Hard rubber case. Still fully functional. I was hesitant to get a case because I don't like the bulk but I have no issues with this one.

It has a kickstand but I don't necessarily need it. I think that it is on the wrong side if you want to have the phone plugged in. I would have gotten one without but they only had it in white or blue.

I went to the Sprint store and checked out the Otterbox ones but did not like them at all. They weren't bad cases just not for me.