[HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-Root!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [HOW-TO] ╰╮╰╮REVOLUTIONARY╰╮╰╮ Get S-OFF, Recovery and Perm-R

If you took the updates you have 1.40.

You can check by booting into HBOOT (with fast boot off, power down phone-hold volume down and power until you boot into HBOOT-your version will be listed on top.)

dwntwnall4u

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

Click on the little icon in the top left corner of the window, scroll down to edit, click on copy or paste depending on what you need.

That worked. Thanks. Now waiting for fastboot......

websterzx10r1

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] Get S-OFF, Flash CWM and Root

[NOTE]RECOVERY AND ROOT

REQUIREMENTS:

S-OFF, Java SDK, HTC Drivers Installed and HTC SYNC UNINSTALLED

First make sure you have the requirements before starting.[/NOTE]

[INFO]HOW TO INSTALL RECOVERY:

Download the Recovery image:TWRP RECOVERY IMAGE

Open a command prompt and change the directory to where you have your "sdk\tools" folder installed.

For me it looks like this... C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\

Place the downloaded image file into the same directory.

Reboot phone into Bootloader. "Vol Down + Power"

Select Fastboot

Once your phone is in Fastboot mode run this command from the command prompt.

"fastboot flash recovery C:\android-sdk-windows\tools\recovery-twrp-shooter-1.0.0.img" - WITHOUT THE QUOTATIONS.

Once it completes tell the Bootloader to Reboot phone.

TADA! Now you have a working Recovery![/INFO]

[WARN]BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE....

Reboot into Bootloader and choose Recovery.

MAKE A BACKUP!
Now you are good to go! Next is root...
[/WARN]

[INFO]
PERMA-ROOT

For root you need to flash this .zip

Download here: Superuser Zip

In order to achieve root..

Download the su.zip and copy the zip file to the ROOT of your SDCARD.

Boot into Recovery

Choose "Install Zip"

Then "Choose Zip To Flash"

Then select the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip"

Once it completes, reboot and you now have ROOT access!

[/INFO]
I have been reading all night long trying to apply this to my phone i have reached the s-off and clockwork mod recovery. when i attempt to put the twrp-shooter-1.0.1.zip which i named to PG86IMG.ZIP i get the installation abort message. I am putting this in the tmp folder for i do not see the sd card listed on my htc evo 3d.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been reading all night long trying to apply this to my phone i have reached the s-off and clockwork mod recovery. when i attempt to put the twrp-shooter-1.0.1.zip which i named to PG86IMG.ZIP i get the installation abort message. I am putting this in the tmp folder for i do not see the sd card listed on my htc evo 3d.

Did it successfully install clockwork recovery right after s-off?

If it did you don't need to install twrp.

EDIT:After reading some other threads, it has been brought up that clockwork may/does have some bugs. I will be switching to twrp in a few minutes.

Last edited:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

You dont rename it! Thats your issue.. you are not making HBOOT update...

Thats not what to do. Please look at the steps provided and you will see there is NO renaming anything.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

You cannot use twrp-shooter-1.0.1.zip as PG86IMG.zip. Its not formatted properly. The zip is just a compressed image of recovery. Its not meant for flashing. You can convert it that way but...

EDIT0: I am not sure what zip you had so I could be wrong but I placed the correct zip in the next post.
EDIT1: You dont need meta-info... I am wrong... I was thinking of flashing from recovery, not hboot.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Here is the PG86IMG.zip you need to flash TWRP 1.0.1 if you want to go the alternate route.

Confirmed working.

DOWNLOAD

Reactions: cert15z

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys,
I successfuly completed the s-off and installed recovery. I have not installed the rooted os yet. I rebooted after the s-off and recovery and now i cant send or recieve text or phone calls??? any ideas. Do i need to install the root os before these will work??

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
I successfuly completed the s-off and installed recovery. I have not installed the rooted os yet. I rebooted after the s-off and recovery and now i cant send or recieve text or phone calls??? any ideas. Do i need to install the root os before these will work??
Did you skip the hands free activation?
You will need to talk to a Sprint customer service representative. They will do some stuff from their end and get you up and running. Just play dumb about why it happened.

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site

yeah i know what you mean as far as playing dumb :)
but no i let it complete the activation. i can surf the internet but cant send txt or phone call

blk_ex

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Well I guess i am lucky too...my phone call and text sending work just fine...no problems what so ever..

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

yeah i know what you mean as far as playing dumb :)
but no i let it complete the activation. i can surf the internet but cant send txt or phone call

Did you call Sprint yet? I know a guy this happened to and he had to call Sprint and they reset something on there side to resolve this. Happened to a few people, not just you.

Before you do that make sure you update PRL and profile.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Do I need TWRP if Clockworkmod works fine??

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Do I need TWRP if Clockworkmod works fine??
No you dont but if it doesnt work I will point you back to changing your recovery as supported in this thread. It should work tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress