[ROM] 11/24 - SenselessROM 2.9.5 -GB 2.3.4 - Wow! Just Wow!

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
Re: [ROM] - 8/2 - Senseless ROM 1.0 - A Nearly Pure Gingerbread R

almost tempted to root my phone now, haha. tho, the problem with that is i'm paranoid about custom roms and security, heh.

any plans on adding wifi tethering (3G and/or 4G)?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

almost tempted to root my phone now, haha. tho, the problem with that is i'm paranoid about custom roms and security, heh.

any plans on adding wifi tethering (3G and/or 4G)?

Its already in it

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Senseless 1.1 is now ready for download

Features
Stripped Sense and associated files
Tweaked Performance (500+ jump in Quadrant score)
Expanded Shutdown Menu
Sprint Hotspot with Wifi and USB tether
AdBlocking Host FIle
Stock Kernel

Fixes
Fixed MMS
Fixed Exchange Email
Fixed Ringtone Settings
Added HTC Set Up Wizard (Needed for MMS!)
Added HTC Keyboard (Needed for HTC Set Up Wizard!)
Reverted settings to standard HTC Settings for aesthetics

Known issues
0. Hot restart in Shutdown menu doesnt do anything
1. When an incoming call is recieved you will have to unlock the phone to see the caller ID and or Answer / Ignore the call
2. Dialing *2 Does not work because SprintZone is removed
3. HTC Update Menu will do nothing because its not installed.
4. HTC Customizaiton menus does nothing becasuse its not installed.
*Items 3 and 4 will be resolved when we mod the "settings.apk". Still waiting on / looking for help with this.

LINKS UP!

Let the beatings begin!

Last edited:

FletchBerry

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Its confirmed Exchange was hosed. I tested it myself. Someone created an exchange account for me to test with.

I have it fixed in the next revision that I plan to upload tonight. If exchange is mission critical for you then hold off until I upload the 1.1 version.

Adding Exchange account now. I appreciate the heads up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 8/4 - Senseless ROM 1.1 - A ROM with No Sense that Ro

Has anyone tried installing this rom using clockwork mod?

Yep I just did. I didn't even know it was up until I got home from work and was playing with ROM manager. I was checking to see if any ROMS had been added yet. Senseless was in there with a few others so I am giving it a spin, so far it looks good but still testing things out. As far as the install everything went smoothly through Clockwork.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Yep I just did. I didn't even know it was up until I got home from work and was playing with ROM manager. I was checking to see if any ROMS had been added yet. Senseless was in there with a few others so I am giving it a spin, so far it looks good but still testing things out. As far as the install everything went smoothly through Clockwork.

Your saying my ROM is listed in Clockwork mod ROM manager?

Verified that it is..

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I just want to say that this ROM is available in ROM manager. It was placed there without my knowledge or permission. I am not happy about this :mad:

PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL MY ROM FROM ROM MANAGER!

ROM Manager developer did not have the courtesy to even tell me he was doing this. Secondly he could have thrown me a free licenses. WOW! FAIL!

TEAM WIN RECOVERY ALL THE WAY!

Preston2291

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

just adding a little intel in here scro. awesome ROM FYI its CRAZY fast only issue that ive had with it (other than the ones noted earlier) is when i went into my notification sounds like trying to change the different notification types in sense, the screen went black and no keys on the phone would work. only thing that fixed it was to do a battery pull and a phone reboot maybe it was something i did :eek:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

just adding a little intel in here scro. awesome ROM FYI its CRAZY fast only issue that ive had with it (other than the ones noted earlier) is when i went into my notification sounds like trying to change the different notification types in sense, the screen went black and no keys on the phone would work. only thing that fixed it was to do a battery pull and a phone reboot maybe it was something i did :eek:

Very strange.... what ver, 1.0 or 1.1?

Edit: I bet I know whats going on.... can you tell me the exact alert you were trying to change?

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

I just want to say that this ROM is available in ROM manager. It was placed there without my knowledge or permission. I am not happy about this :mad:

PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL MY ROM FROM ROM MANAGER!

ROM Manager developer did not have the courtesy to even tell me he was doing this. Secondly he could have thrown me a free licenses. WOW! FAIL!

TEAM WIN RECOVERY ALL THE WAY!

I have to say I find this attitude disappointing. With the number of downloads Rom manager has this is only exposure for you, especially since you have one of the very first rooted Roms out there. This puts you out front and center, you only have two other developers in there so that puts you at the top for discovery. How can you complain about this? I'm sorry but this isn't your Rom, it's a HTC Rom, you stripped some code out of it and repackaged the zip.and I must say you did a good job at that but If you want to take that attitude I'm sure HTC could have a few things to say to you about messing around with their sense 3.0 and redistributing it as your own. Did you ask HTC permission? Android and GingerBread is open source but sense 3.0 is not. Until you can release a pure AOSP Rom yourself I really think you should be happy to get the eyeballs on your work. Team win has done a good job of breaking the WIMAX code for the EVO 4G so they should not have too much trouble doing the same for the 3D but that 3D camera is going to be a issue for any AOSP Rom no doubt. So I am willing to bet that most Rom's we will see will have to have some form of sense in tact to be viable. Rom manager says right up front that they will not take donations for other peoples work they just want to let people know whats out there to try. Considering you are one out of three people chosen should put a smile on your face, just make sure your Rom has a way for people to link back to your paypal donations site and you may see a lot more money out of this. At this point I can honestly say I do not understand this attitude at all, if you work it correctly and not offend, this could be a blessing for you. If I am looking at this the wrong way please explain it to me so I can understand. So far you should know I have been a scrosler Rom supporter so I am not trying to stir up anything, I truly do not understand. And I almost forgot just because I download from Rom manager that doesn't mean I will not find you and donate. I have used Rom manger and donated to every Rom author I ever used for more than a day. Anyone who is rooted and is going to donate will know how to find you but just in case add a little donate button in the settings menu.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I have to say I find this attitude disappointing. With the number of downloads Rom manager has this is only exposure for you, especially since you have one of the very first rooted Roms out there. This puts you out front and center, you only have two other developers in there so that puts you at the top for discovery. How can you complain about this? I'm sorry but this isn't your Rom, it's a HTC Rom, you stripped some code out of it and repackaged the zip.and I must say you did a good job at that but If you want to take that attitude I'm sure HTC could have a few things to say to you about messing around with their sense 3.0 and redistributing it as your own. Did you ask HTC permission? Android and GingerBread is open source but sense 3.0 is not. Until you can release a pure AOSP Rom yourself I really think you should be happy to get the eyeballs on your work. Team win has done a good job of breaking the WIMAX code for the EVO 4G so they should not have too much trouble doing the same for the 3D but that 3D camera is going to be a issue for any AOSP Rom no doubt. So I am willing to bet that most Rom's we will see will have to have some form of sense in tact to be viable. Rom manager says right up front that they will not take donations for other peoples work they just want to let people know whats out there to try. Considering you are one out of three people chosen should put a smile on your face, just make sure your Rom has a way for people to link back to your paypal donations site and you may see a lot more money out of this. At this point I can honestly say I do not understand this attitude at all, if you work it correctly and not offend, this could be a blessing for you. If I am looking at this the wrong way please explain it to me so I can understand. So far you should know I have been a scrosler Rom supporter so I am not trying to stir up anything, I truly do not understand. And I almost forgot just because I download from Rom manager that doesn't mean I will not find you and donate. I have used Rom manger and donated to every Rom author I ever used for more than a day. Anyone who is rooted and is going to donate will know how to find you but just in case add a little donate button in the settings menu.

Stone, its a matter of principle. You are correct in many aspects but fail to realize a couple things from my perspective...

1. ROM Manager with the ability to download ROMS is a PAID application. I am giving my ROM away free on the forums. I feel he is using my work, in part, to make a profit for himself. Thats my opinion. If his ROM Manager premium was free, I would fully support this 110%. But its not....

2. He did not have the common courtesy to tell me, ask me or even THANK MY POST when he linked my work. That's simply not acceptable to me. Common courtesy goes a long way with me.

3. Im not going to address the AOSP / Sense issue because you are indeed correct.

4. Yes, I know should feel honored by this and that it will further my name in ROM dev world, etc but I cant get over point #2 to fully realize this yet. Im sure that can be perceived as my own short coming.

If you dont agree that is fine. You have your perspective and I have mine. Please review the points for and against ROM manager in this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d-rooting-roms-hacks/108938-rom-manager-app.html. I was told by a MOD that he does not "troll" for ROMS and if he did it would be considered a no-no. Start at post #14 for the meat of the conversation and you will truly understand my angst. Other respected Devs in the community agree with my side of this.I understand if someone agrees with you that doesn't make you correct but... I am not the only one that feels this was not handled correctly. Its all about respect and I feel I was dis-respected.

Thanks for taking the time to provide an alternate perspective on this. You dont have to agree with my perspective but at least I hope you can respect it.

-Scott

Last edited:

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Stone, its a matter of principle. You are correct in many aspects but fail to realize a couple things from my perspective...

1. ROM Manager with the ability to download ROMS is a PAID application. I am giving my ROM away free on the forums. I feel he is using my work, in part, to make a profit for himself. Thats my opinion. If his ROM Manager premium was free, I would fully support this 110%. But its not....

2. He did not have the common courtesy to tell me, ask me or even THANK MY POST when he linked my work. That's simply not acceptable to me. Common courtesy goes a long way with me.

3. Im not going to address the AOSP / Sense issue because you are indeed correct.

4. Yes, I know should feel honored by this and that it will further my name in ROM dev world, etc but I cant get over point #2 to fully realize this yet. Im sure that can be perceived as my own short coming.

If you dont agree that is fine. You have your perspective and I have mine. Please review the points for and against ROM manager in this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d-rooting-roms-hacks/108938-rom-manager-app.html. I was told by a MOD that he does not "troll" for ROMS and if he did it would be considered a no-no. Start at post #14 for the meat of the conversation and you will truly understand my angst. Other respected Devs in the community agree with my side of this.I understand if someone agrees with you that doesn't make you correct but... I am not the only one that feels this was not handled correctly. Its all about respect and I feel I was dis-respected.

Thanks for taking the time to provide an alternate perspective on this. You dont have to agree with my perspective but at least I hope you can respect it.

-Scott

I love the water analogy but I would add to it. Water is free but if you want it to flow too your home and into your sink you'll need to pay the water company for their infrastructure. ROM manager in this situation is the water company. I guess I kinda see your point in not letting you know first but at this point you do not have all the questions answered. I think you should get a response back from Koush before being to vocal on your dissatisfaction. Please keep us informed. I am very interested to see how this plays out.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I love the water analogy but I would add to it. Water is free but if you want it to flow too your home and into your sink you'll need to pay the water company for their infrastructure. ROM manager in this situation is the water company. I guess I kinda see your point in not letting you know first but at this point you do not have all the questions answered. I think you should get a response back from Koush before being to vocal on your dissatisfaction. Please keep us informed. I am very interested to see how this plays out.

Thank you for seeing at least part of my point. I will certainly keep everyone posted. I have emailed and PM'ed him 24hrs ago but no response yet.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for seeing at least part of my point. I will certainly keep everyone posted. I have emailed and PM'ed him 24hrs ago but no response yet.

After 20 years of marriage I have learned to notice/recognize the entrenched views of the other party ;-) . Some battles are better left for others to fight. I do see it differently but will respect your request to only download from you directly. I mainly used ROM manager for discovery while out with the family (Shopping with the wife) and find myself bored out of my mind.

Last edited:

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
On a side note I used the usb tether last night on a old laptop I have running linux. The speedtest.net score was off the chart, I got 20 megs down and 5 up. I took the test ten times to make sure the score was good. Sure enough it was and I took a couple of screen shots to prove it. I'll upload them when I get home.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

On a side note I used the usb tether last night on a old laptop I have running linux. The speedtest.net score was off the chart, I got 20 megs down and 5 up. I took the test ten times to make sure the score was good. Sure enough it was and I took a couple of screen shots to prove it. I'll upload them when I get home.

Yeah, thats smokin!

Must be nice to have 4G! I'll never know, lol

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, thats smokin!

Must be nice to have 4G! I'll never know, lol

Dude that was 3G, I dont have WIMAX at home. Thats why I was floored when I saw it, it blew my freaking mind. Hotspot tether was only giving me 1.2 down on my hackintosh and .75 up. Thats when I decided to try my linux laptop to see if I could connect to usb. These are two screen shots I took last night from my geeked out Latitude D610 with custom Stargate Atlantis sticker of course ;-)

IMAG0377.jpg

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Dude that was 3G, I dont have WIMAX at home. Thats why I was floored when I saw it, it blew my freaking mind. Hotspot tether was only giving me 1.2 down on my hackintosh and .75 up. Thats when I decided to try my linux laptop to see if I could connect to usb. These are two screen shots I took last night from my geeked out Latitude D610 with custom Stargate Atlantis sticker of course ;-)

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

Holy crap!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty