Reboot option not working properly after s-off-rooting?

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I wasn't expecting someone to make a custom fix for me but definitely appreciate the effort. Before applying the fix, can I ask if you were ever able to replicate the issue? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what technical/specific changes does this file make in order to fix the reboot issue I am experiencing?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I wasn't expecting someone to make a custom fix for me but definitely appreciate the effort. Before applying the fix, can I ask if you were ever able to replicate the issue? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what technical/specific changes does this file make in order to fix the reboot issue I am experiencing?

In my first note in prior post I said did not try rebooting before I applied the fix so by absence of testing I was not able to replicate your issue. I just plain forgot to do it, lol.

But I can confidently say that after applying this fix it rebooted just fine.

This replaces the current android.policy.jar file in \system\framework\

Make sure you have a back up before applying... This fix will not ruin your phone in any way but it could cause it not to boot (highly unlikely) all the way hence the need for a back up. BUT, I trust my work.. The back up is just a precaution. Sometimes things dont always work they way they do on all phones.

But give it a try.. I need to head to bed soon.

EDIT: And if this doesnt fix it for you I will look again tomorrow... I had to return to 100% stock then reinstall recovery and SU, etc. Im not down with doing it again tonight, lol.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for all of the effort, can't begin to describe how appreciative I am. I just gave your fix a try. Unfortunately, same issue still exists. Phone powers down when I select "restart" from the power button menu but won't power back up unless I press the power button again.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for all of the effort, can't begin to describe how appreciative I am. I just gave your fix a try. Unfortunately, same issue still exists. Phone powers down when I select "restart" from the power button menu but won't power back up unless I press the power button again.

I tried. What all do you have installed on your phone for apps?

Also go to settings and select about phone. The select the option that tells you the software version and tell me what it says?

What recovery are you on again and what version?

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, update: I just uninstalled the apps "spare parts" and "ROM Manager" as these were the latest ones I had added. Phone reboots now but its like a delayed reboot in you select the restart option, you see the Sprint splash screen, screen goes blank (but backlight is still on), it sits there like that for about 10 seconds, then it reboots. I'm going to try adding each of those apps back one at time and see what happens.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, update: I just uninstalled the apps "spare parts" and "ROM Manager" as these were the latest ones I had added. Phone reboots now but its like a delayed reboot in you select the restart option, you see the Sprint splash screen, screen goes blank (but backlight is still on), it sits there like that for about 10 seconds, then it reboots. I'm going to try adding each of those apps back one at time and see what happens.

Ahhhh, Ok...

The reboot pause you are seeing is fine. Dont worry about that. Does that on all my ROMS too.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now I am super confused. Installed your fix. Didn't fix the issue. Uninstalled Spare parts and Rom Manager. Phone now reboots fine.. Reinstalled ROM Manager. Phone reboots fine. Reinstalled Spare Parts. Phone still reboots fine. I guess its good that the issue seems to be resolved but would sure like to know what the culprit was. Thanks again for all of your help.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, now I am super confused. Installed your fix. Didn't fix the issue. Uninstalled Spare parts and Rom Manager. Phone now reboots fine.. Reinstalled ROM Manager. Phone reboots fine. Reinstalled Spare Parts. Phone still reboots fine. I guess its good that the issue seems to be resolved but would sure like to know what the culprit was. Thanks again for all of your help.

Wow, I am done with this... lol :-X