After searching forever..

damnitryon

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have finally decided to ask for help. and I figure this could be of use to some other people as well, since I'm sure I'm not the only one who has run across this problem.

My goal is to Install CleanROM ICS onto my Evo3D, however I'm on HBOOT 1.5, S-ON, **RELOCKED** and Version 2.3.4.

I originally rooted my phone with the HTC tool, which I believe is what set me on HBOOT 1.5, and from my reading 1.5 doesn't really play well with others.

From my understanding I need to downgrade to HBOOT 1.4, I found the tutorial on how to do this, I burned the CD to use the "Automated" tool. (Linux boot CD) Downloaded all of the necessary RUU's. (2.17 and 1.13), however when I rename 2.17 to PG86IMG.zip, and restart the phone into the bootloader, it will scan the file, and then just act like nothing happened.

Of note, it is also saying "Security Warning" below relocked. So, I'm under the impression I need to figure out how to fix that, before it will actually run the RUU/PG86IMG that's on the root of the SD Card.

So, from my understanding, I need to run an HTC RUU either 2.08 or 2.17 (Which one?) in order to remove that security warning.

My understanding of the steps to accomplishing my goal is;

1. Fix Security Warning
2. Downgrade to HBOOT 1.4
3. Revolutionary S-OFF to gain the ability to flash Kernels.
4. Flash the ROM of choice on to the phone.
5. Profit.

Please advise?

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey man i was having the exact same problem (not being able to use the ICS roms) and i think i even had the same issue with the security warning, i searched for the RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.17.651.5.....the name is really long, but if you go to the XDA forum that talks about the Live cd there is a link that will allow you to download it.... i chose Closeones link. Now im no expert actually im seriously just learning but i did this the other night and its wicked easy. anyway good luck. im sure someone else will relpy with a quick link but im not sure how to do it. lol :confused: so im not even going to try ill just post it below.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [TOOL] 5/16/12 - HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF.

let us know how it went!

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey man i was having the exact same problem (not being able to use the ICS roms) and i think i even had the same issue with the security warning, i searched for the RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.17.651.5.....the name is really long, but if you go to the XDA forum that talks about the Live cd there is a link that will allow you to download it.... i chose Closeones link. Now im no expert actually im seriously just learning but i did this the other night and its wicked easy. anyway good luck. im sure someone else will relpy with a quick link but im not sure how to do it. lol :confused: so im not even going to try ill just post it below.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [TOOL] 5/16/12 - HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF.

let us know how it went!

damnitryon

May 24, 2010
Visit site

let us know how it went!

I have all of that, and the CD burned and ready, now I'm just having a problem where the Bootloader isn't getting to the "press volume up to update" part. Which, I believe is because of the security warning.

So, I believe the proper thing to do now is unroot by running the stock 2.08 RUU (as my software version is 2.08) Or do I run the 2.17 RUU because this is newer than my current software version?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
the security warning is from relocking once you run the RUU it will be gone,its just a warning to let you know something has changed

when you rename the zip to PG86IMG do not put the .zip in the name as its already a zip or it will be .zip,zip and it wont work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87