Sprint Store said update is coming soon..

speedy0339

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I was at the Sprint store today because this is the second Evo 3D that I've had because of this problem. The problem is, every once in a while, my wifi won't connect, and it just says "unable to scan for networks".

The manager told me that there was a software update coming soon that fixed 4 known issues:

1. Wifi connection problem
2. 4G connection issues
3. Slow 3G
4. Battery Life

I don't know about # 2 because we don't have 4G here in Phoenix, and for me, Battery Life is outstanding, but #s 1 and 3 I can really relate to. I've been having a lot of problems with Wifi connection, and my 3G speeds have been averaging about 0.08 mbps downlaoad the last couple of days. The highest download speed I've ever gotten is 1.65 mbps sitting next to the tower.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Slow 3G is their network and not the phone. They are ******ed.
I just confirmed with a tech on an ongoing issue they are upgrading large amounts of PA due to not having enough bandwidth. (glad they finally admitted to what I have been telling them for about 9 months now)

The other issues I dont have, but wouldnt surprise me to see updates coming soon

kenmid

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Slow 3G is their network and not the phone. They are ******ed.
I just confirmed with a tech on an ongoing issue they are upgrading large amounts of PA due to not having enough bandwidth. (glad they finally admitted to what I have been telling them for about 9 months now)

The other issues I dont have, but wouldnt surprise me to see updates coming soon
It's a problem, I had the original EVO and had no 3g problems. Now had 3d and the 3g sucks.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's a problem, I had the original EVO and had no 3g problems. Now had 3d and the 3g sucks.

Did you do speed tests side by side to test ?
Im not saying their radio version doesnt suck, but I have done side by side and they are the same in my area. . . both suck.

Sprint just took on a bunch more customers due to having a major phone release. Same as with the Evo. . . notice their network started sucking horribly once the Evo was out a few months? Its because their customer base went up considerably.

Same deal that happened with ATT when they got Iphones

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So what this thread is tell me is if I have not bought the phone to wait it out until all of the other bugs are fix? :p

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
How about homescreen icons following a reboot (for apps moved to SD)? That's the problem along with slow 3G that made me take mine back and reactivate my old Evo.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
How about homescreen icons following a reboot (for apps moved to SD)? That's the problem along with slow 3G that made me take mine back and reactivate my old Evo.

Did you have Gingerbread on your EVO 4G? I ask because my EVO 4G did the exact same thing (generic icons following reboot) after getting Gingerbread.

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
actually they should be working on the main bug which is sometimes when yu view 3d content it goes to 2d and its a pain in the butt to get it back to 3d... and the market icons loading up.. also calnder being 1 day early on peoples bday

speedy0339

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I just hope Sprint switches to LTE soon, they signed a 15 year agreement with an LTE company. I was talking on the phone with an advanced network guy for Sprint, and he said they could have LTE up in no time. They just add a little piece to the tower and change the frequency, and our phones will have LTE.

I hope they do this and not worry about 3G, but if they don't get the whole US covered in 4G soon, I might switch to Verizon when my contract is up in 1 year

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
They will have LTE in a year man. But no our phones won't work. We need an LTE modem to use the frequency. Lightsquared will be deploying the network in partnership with sprint. I think they will basically be using sprints towers to save over all cost to them just pay to sprint instead and save time as well. Lighsquared is already deploying the network and they should have it up and running in 2012. They have already figured out the gps issue so it shouldnt be long before we start hearing more rumors.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just hope Lightsquared works out their LTE/GPS interference problems.

They already did, they just have to present it to the government. It was on engadget they have already figured out a solution to stop the interference and what in particular was interfering with the GPS signal. So it is pretty much sorted out, I guess thy are just fine tuning process.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
They already did, they just have to present it to the government. It was on engadget they have already figured out a solution to stop the interference and what in particular was interfering with the GPS signal. So it is pretty much sorted out, I guess thy are just fine tuning process.
That's what I'm talking about. It still has to be approved by the government before they can proceed. They have to convince the powers that be that the solution is fullproof. Until that happens it's a crapshoot as to whether they will be able to deploy the network.

Mr. Berry

May 16, 2010
Visit site

If your apps are on the SD the icons are discombobulated at reboot while the phone prepares the SD card.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of under the hood settings that can throttle the 3G speed within the phone.

You really don't think they let all phones use 3G at full speed, do you? That would be a nightmare.

You dont think I know about all the proxy setting crap thats out there? That stuff is debatable too. I dont doubt there are more settings, but I still know their network cannot handle the customer base right now.

They admitted it to me on more than one occasion once I actually got to the real tech team. They said they cannot handle the bandwidth and doing upgrades. I was specifically given a list of a ton of cities in PA that are getting the upgrades by 7/29. was supposed to be 6/29, but got pushed back.