(EVO3D) Apps Randomly Being Uninstalled From My Memory Card.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
The apps stored on my memory card are randomly being removed. The apps that keep getting removed more then any other are The Sims 3 and X-Plane. This issue has happen with all of my larger 32GB cards, but not on the smaller 8GB cards.

Has this happen to anyone else? Could all of my memory cards be to blame, or is this issue more of a phone problem? I'm sick of having to reinstall the same apps over and over again, so I would really like to figure out what is causing this.

And is there a way for me to test my memory card, using an app or a setting? That way I can see if the cards are to blame.

Posted Using My Sprint HTC EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

Last edited:

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that some of the apps when they are deleted from the phone, are only removed from the phone, because the extra content stored on the memory card for the app remain on the card. I just had to reinstall X-Plane and Mybackup Pro again and the folders on the memory card were still there, even though the apps themselves were deleted from the phone. So now I'm even more confused as to what is happening with regards to this issue.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Pics are also being deleted. I have downloaded a bunch of pics to use as wallpaper and the pics will end up messing up. The pic is still on the memory card, kind of. And the name for the pic is still listed, but the preview for the pics goes away and the image fails if I try and open it. With the pics, just like with the apps and files, they disappear randomly. There is no method to the items disappearing, they just disappear. I think it has to be either the memory card or my phone just can't handle 32GB cards. This is my third 32GB memory card that has messed up in a similar way. I'm going to take this one back and buy a Samsung, because I know their cards are tested in the factory before its sold. So if the same thing happens with the Samsung memory card, then its my phone that is at fault for sure. I will post what happens when I get the new card.

Has any one, two or more of these issue happen to anyone else on here? If yes, did you ever figure out the cause/s?

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I think that happened to me in the beginning, seemed to lose SD apps after a reboot.. then reinstalling the app to get it back, but not losing saved games/data.. I don't remember what I did, but I did switch cards and factory reset it around that time, problem went away. a sandisk class 4 32g has been working well for me.

Reactions: the2ndflood

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I think that happened to me in the beginning, seemed to lose SD apps after a reboot.. then reinstalling the app to get it back, but not losing saved games/data.. I don't remember what I did, but I did switch cards and factory reset it around that time, problem went away. a sandisk class 4 32g has been working well for me.

I'm now 99% sure that the glitches were caused by defective memory cards. The Samsung memory card that I ordered arrived today and none of the problems that I was dealing with are happening on this card. Games are downloading to the card all of the way, without any errors. Content isn't disappearing anymore (But It Might Be Too Soon To Say That). Transfer speeds To and From the card are now as fast as they should normally be. Folders that I transfer to the card, keep all of their content. On and on. From now on I am no longer going to look for the cheapest memory cards, I'm going to stick with the major vendors like Samsung. I just hope my phone and memory card remain problem free.

I will post if anything changes.

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Even with the new memory card, random things are still being deleted. Just now its videos that I have downloaded that are the things being deleted. I will download the video all of the way and I will watch it. Then sometime later, the video will be deleted. Now I'm thinking this is my phone that is to blame, because the new Samsung memory card has been working well so far.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can resetting the phone without Unmounting the memory card cause things to be randomly deleted on the memory card? Could me just resetting the phone cause things to be deleted? What things can lead to items being deleted on the memory card?

Any help is very much welcome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana