Any ideas when ICS will hit the EVO 3d?

SipperPhoto

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Last I remember seeing, HTC said that ICS would be rolling out near the end of March. Is this still the case?

I haven't heard or seen anything either way.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping that is still the case. My 3D has been shelved for the 4s. I plan on going back to it once ICS is released. That's the main reason I've held on to my 3D.

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Quis,
I did the same exact thing... 3d is used as a house phone and occasionally a browser... I want ICS to see if I stop using 4s as much. I'm also intrigued by this new evo one... Will have to wait and see

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The GSM version (China) is supposed to be getting it in April. I can't find any firm dates on the Sprint version.

Speculation only, but I think I read somewhere that the carriers have the HTC updates, but they haven't been pushed yet. I can't find that article right now, though.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
About a month ago there was a article on engadget from HTC listing 2 of their devices that will get it first at the end of March, then evo 3d will come shortly after. I assumed after I read this that it will come by end of April /early May. Looking forward to the update but don't care when.

EVO-LUTION 3D

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I asked HTC USA the other day and all I was told was there was no firm date yet, but it alike be very soon. Nothing like not getting a real answer to a question. I do believe it will come before the EVO ONE launch.

ryudo423

May 23, 2011
Visit site
HTC and Sprint are having an event April 4th and are likely to announce the new flagship phone. They will most likely release a time frame for the release of that device. If the past is any indication, that would be June. I say we get it mid summer, but if this new devices releases in April we could have it much sooner! I really need some ICS my 3D is making me crave the unreleased iphone 5.

SipperPhoto

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good. I figured we were close... but, haven't seen anything concrete.

Not that i'm complaining, I've been pretty happy, overall, with the EVO3D. Of course, coming from a Palm Pre with zero to little support, anything was a step up.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is indicative of anything, but rumor is HTC Sensation is supposed to get ICS in June. That's the closest phone to the Evo 3D (in terms of processor, chipsets, etc), but it's on a different carrier, has LTE, doesn't have a 3D camera. There are lots of differences, but maybe that's a good starting point for our assumptions.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I think we'll see it just a bit before the EVO ONE starts to ship. That's when Gingerbread made it to to OG EVO, if I'm remembering correctly: just before the EVO 3D launched.

RampageCR

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The HTC Vivid got the same Sense 3.6 ICS update and it had a performance increase of 66%. I can't wait for this update, mainly because of the power unleashed.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I just flashed the latest MeanROM, and my 3D has a new lease on life. Super-fast, no lag, and amazing battery life. I'm no longer in a big rush for ICS. I can be patient.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The HTC Vivid got the same Sense 3.6 ICS update and it had a performance increase of 66%. I can't wait for this update, mainly because of the power unleashed.

Agreed, let's see some of this dual core power unleashed.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Or just root your phone!
60ea940d-0b18-e9fd.jpg
60ea940d-0b1f-6013.jpg
60ea940d-0b25-9425.jpg

Sent from my PG86100

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads