All I want is a release DATE!!!!

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, Im a loyal Apple Iphone user since the first gen, and Im happy to say that Im sick of apple, sick of AT&T and Im ready for SPRINT and Android and Evo 3D!

Iv now had my Iphone 4 since release day and its been jailbroken since the jailbreak came out. but Im bored of the phone and the software. (I currently have an android theme put on the phone lol) and as for AT&T, I was ok with them until I started tethering with MyWi and I recently received the threatening messages about having to change to a tethered plan or else they'd do it for me. >.<.

So my plan is now to jump to sprint, and onto the upcoming Evo 3D!! but without a release date Im slowly losing hope! I want to hop onto Sprint ASAP so I was thinking of getting either an Evo 4G or Nexus S 4G for now and trade it in for the Evo 3D before the 30 day period so I am still eligible for the subsidized price.

This is really just a thread to vent my frustration for sprint not giving us a release date yet. And to see if anyone has a better idea of what I can do for my situation.

Thanks again, and Im happy to start getting into this Android scene!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just be patient and wait until it comes out, avoid the mess of having to return another phone or, god forbid, even missing the 30 day return window. Sprint has some incentives for people switching carriers, so be sure to ask about that as well. Are you in a 4g area?

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I will ask the rep as soon as I get there. And I believe I am, I live in Miami. South Miami to be exact and I work in cutler ridge so I guess I'll have to check the maps or something.

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, Im a loyal Apple Iphone user since the first gen, and Im happy to say that Im sick of apple, sick of AT&T and Im ready for SPRINT and Android and Evo 3D!

Iv now had my Iphone 4 since release day and its been jailbroken since the jailbreak came out. but Im bored of the phone and the software. (I currently have an android theme put on the phone lol) and as for AT&T, I was ok with them until I started tethering with MyWi and I recently received the threatening messages about having to change to a tethered plan or else they'd do it for me. >.<.

So my plan is now to jump to sprint, and onto the upcoming Evo 3D!! but without a release date Im slowly losing hope! I want to hop onto Sprint ASAP so I was thinking of getting either an Evo 4G or Nexus S 4G for now and trade it in for the Evo 3D before the 30 day period so I am still eligible for the subsidized price.

This is really just a thread to vent my frustration for sprint not giving us a release date yet. And to see if anyone has a better idea of what I can do for my situation.

Thanks again, and Im happy to start getting into this Android scene!

I've been with Sprint for 15 years and absolutely love the customer service and they way that treat loyal consumers. You are making a great decision switching to Sprint. Also, as a current EVO 4G owner, you will not be disappointed in either iteration of the phone. I am anxiously awating the release date of the EVO 3D!!

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Bob, I'm glad to hear that the grass is going to be greener on the other side.

I love sprint too, I currently have an HTC Hero that has been run over with a lawn mower with almost no damage. You won't be disappointed with the sprint service or HTC's build quality.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have sprint in FL (Tampa Bay) and service here is pretty good and all around FL. I'll say wait for the Evo 3D they gotta be giving a date very soon.

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the iPhone 4 is a great piece of hardware, but I'm just over it I guess. And theres just something that's pulling me towards the android devices. I'm probably even getting rid of my original iPad, and looking to grab a honeycomb tablet lol. No more fruit for me!

pigfqr

Banned
Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey Over-iOS,
If the Evo 3d has a locked bootloader, you won't be able to root it to use the wi-fi tether without paying for it. The USB tether should still work, but you will have to purchase an app to make it work, I believe. Here's hoping HTC unsticks their head from between their buttocks and ditches the encrypted bootloader.

Last edited:

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey Over-iOS,
If the Evo 3d has a locked bootloader, you won't be able to root it to use the wi-fi tether without paying for it. The USB tether should still work, but you will have to purchase an app to make it work, I believe. Here's hoping HTC unsticks their head from between their buttocks and ditches the encrypted bootloader.

False. You can achieve partial root where you'd be able to use wifi tether/titanium backup/etc, but you wouldn't be able to install custom roms/kernals like CM7.

Jackietreehorn

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I should have been slightly more clear. It's still *possible* to achieve partial root, but an exploit would need to be found (essentially like any other phone ever rooted). However, it shouldn't have anything to do with the signed stuff which, while possible to crack/achieve, isn't really in the realm of possibility.

As with nearly every other handset, a partial root is nearly a 100% certainty to be found...which would let you freeze (if not uninstall bloat), as well as use superuser (wireless tether, titanitum backup) apps.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Over-iOS,

Actually, HTC is discussing if they want a locked boot loader or not because of their buyers on facebook. But really in the long run, they help boost the economy (if not their sales) if it is unlocked.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think the iPhone 4 is a great piece of hardware, but I'm just over it I guess. And theres just something that's pulling me towards the android devices. I'm probably even getting rid of my original iPad, and looking to grab a honeycomb tablet lol. No more fruit for me!

You can do the same thing I have planned:

Evo 3D and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Both should hopefully be out within the first couple of weeks in June (HOPEFULLY!) and both are bad mamajama's.

On the plus side ---- you can probably ebay your IP4 and iPad to cover almost all the costs of your Evo and Samsung. Basically getting two new gadgets for free!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress