evo 3d wifi dropouts

dhartman82

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing WiFi dropouts? If I'm on the
gtalk app I constantly see "lost connection" errors. Same symptom when looking at WiFi settings. Seems to regularly scan for a network and obtain a new iP address. Open to any suggestions.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing WiFi dropouts? If I'm on the
gtalk app I constantly see "lost connection" errors. Same symptom when looking at WiFi settings. Seems to regularly scan for a network and obtain a new iP address. Open to any suggestions.

Where are you using it? Home, work?
If you have access to the router it is connecting to, change its channel settings from Automatic to a specific channel. If the router is getting bounced around because of channel overlap, the phone could be losing its signal and having to reconnect when that channel changed. Pick a channel and stake out your territory. :)
Might not fix it, but worth a try. Had to do this a few times setting up networks. Some devices are more sensitive to this than others.

dhartman82

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Where are you using it? Home, work?
If you have access to the router it is connecting to, change its channel settings from Automatic to a specific channel. If the router is getting bounced around because of channel overlap, the phone could be losing its signal and having to reconnect when that channel changed. Pick a channel and stake out your territory. :)
Might not fix it, but worth a try. Had to do this a few times setting up networks. Some devices are more sensitive to this than others.

Averix...u seem to be the proverbial man. Thank u thank-you thank you.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would advice one thing. this is actually an honest opinion. I have seen so many people that have problems with their phones and their routers. I never tend to have those problems, I think it really boils down to how your router configures the wireless channel. I always leave mine on auto and I never have issues, but some routers tend to bounce around alot on different channels. Always invest in a good router and you wont be disappointed.

I used to have a cheaper router that used to bounce around and would frequently disconnect devices, upgraded mine to Dir-825 d-link and threw on the latest firmware and this thing runs like 12 devices in my house without a hitch all on auto channel.

jheiii

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Search to see what channels are surrounding you and find one that's not being used. Within my range, there were 5 on my same channel and I would randomly lose signal. A friend came over and searched channels, found an empty one, and my bandwidth + stability with connection have significantly improved.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Wifi is better than original EVO for me. Always have full bars lit anywhere in my house. Not the case with old evo

EVO - LUTION 3D

damanj23#AC

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
maybe my router has something to do with this, but if i rest my phone on the couch it has full wifi. When i pick it up, it loses 1 line. Then when i hold it near the top it bounces between none and a couple. I get much better wifi when i hold the phone closer to the bottom. Is anyone else experiencing similar results.

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Go to Menu, settings, wireless, wifi settings... Then tap Menu, advanced, and check Best Wifi performance. See if that helps.

By doing this, what does it do exactly? I have a good wifi signal when Im at work or home but sometimes I have an icon that pops up that says "Unable to connect to wifi". and its getting annoying bc the evo3d just started doing this. Also, under the option it says "May consume more power", do you know if it is a huge battery killer by having this checked?

Thanks in advance..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa