05-06-2014 05:41 PM
678 ... 45678 ...
tools
    You will be able to disable anything you want
    Are you sure? I've used ICS on the RAZR, Nexus and GS2 and not all apps could be disabled on those.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-2012 10:17 PM
    I pull in 1425 kbps download on 3g only here in Seattle.
    Consider yourself extraordinarily lucky. If I could do even HALF of that, I would be happy and probably not even care about LTE.

It is almost 11:30pm now, everyone should be asleep. Results right now? Signal Bars:6/6 Down:131 Up:113 Ping:774 Typical
    05-09-2012 10:18 PM
    Are you sure? I've used ICS on the RAZR, Nexus and GS2 and not all apps could be disabled on those.
    That is *exactly* my worry... that the carrier (Sprint) will muck around with the feature.
    05-09-2012 10:19 PM
    Best buy only takes a month if you want them to repair your phone. If they can't then they notify you to go into the store and they give you full retail cost of the phone to get another one brand new. Or you can do rapid exchange and it takes it 3 to 5 business days and they always give you a crappy loaner phone so people don't steal them
    05-09-2012 10:21 PM
    I would like to know if there is a noticeable difference when "Beats by Dr. Dre" are used when listening to music.
    delthor7 likes this.
    05-09-2012 10:32 PM
    Does the root method posted at http://www.androidcentral.com/one-x-and-one-xl-rooted work on the EVO 4G LTE?
    dalex7777 likes this.
    05-09-2012 10:34 PM
    Does it come with a Beats headset? Any headset?
    05-09-2012 10:38 PM
    Definitely not Beats. It may have a pair of earbuds though.
    05-09-2012 10:41 PM
    Consider yourself extraordinarily lucky. If I could do even HALF of that, I would be happy and probably not even care about LTE.

It is almost 11:30pm now, everyone should be asleep. Results right now? Signal Bars:6/6 Down:131 Up:113 Ping:774 Typical
    Wow thats sad! my average is about 1100 up and 776 down.

This was just now
    05-09-2012 10:43 PM
    I'm gonna switch to Sprint by the end of the summer, and I need help deciding on a device. The Galaxy Nexus is my current favorite because, well, it's a Nexus. But the EVO LTE and the Galaxy S III are giving it a run for my money. I think I like stock ICS the best, but Samsung's mods on the S III sound good, too, and the EVO LTE is, well, an EVO. I'm worried a future employer might frown upon rooting as a security risk, but I'd like to get the better hardware if I can. So my questions are:

How do the EVO and Nexus compare on...
    1. battery life? (I'll probably expand the Nexus battery to 2100 mAh if I get it)
    2. 3G connectivity? This is especially important, since where I live, Sprint's coverage map claims solid 3G, but it probably won't get LTE any time soon.
    3. software vs. hardware buttons?
    4. stock ICS vs. Sense 4? Probably the biggest question in my mind. I don't like Sense's multitasking (fewer apps on screen at a time), but are there other features to make up for it?

is he going to answer any of these questions ??lol
    He said earlier that he's out and will come back later.
    05-09-2012 10:44 PM
    No. None. The way it should be.

Will only come with a USB cable and an AC adapter.
    05-09-2012 10:47 PM
    im in delaware and my speed on sprints 3g is 111 ping 1177down and 657up with 3 bars on og evo
    05-09-2012 10:51 PM
    I literally got half that just now and I'm in NY
    05-09-2012 11:00 PM
    Does it pair with Bluetooth mice and keyboards? I ask this because historically HTC's Sense overlay wouldn't allow it (at least that's the case with my OG EVO 4G).
    05-09-2012 11:02 PM
    I just tested and got 0.04Mbps Down and 0.11Mbps Up in Omaha, NE. I only have 1 bar - a lot of trees in my neighborhood.
    05-09-2012 11:03 PM
    ya i just did a factory reset on my phone so that might have some thing to do with it. was running the same test last night and was pulling down about 300-600k so try it might help
    05-09-2012 11:12 PM
    Since Phil decided to start an AMA and then leave for the evening, allow me to answer all the questions: It's a One X with a removable battery, micro SD card slot and a kickstand on Sprint.

*edit* Also it's available May 18th for the same price as every other smartphone since forever.
    05-09-2012 11:14 PM
    Don't work for them, but Best Buy has the best deal: Geek Squad Black Tie protection. $10 ($9.99 + local sales tax) a month, almost no questions asked (had a humidity/liquid question, but I live in Houston so EVERY phone shows up with humid marker inside...LOL).

No deductible, swap for NEW phones in my experience. Both my OG EVO and Epic 4G are covered. Didn't get it with the EVO 3D as I couldn't wait and had to have a day -1 device from Sprint. But have pre-ordered the EVO 4G LTE with Best Buy and will definitely get Geek Squad.
    05-09-2012 11:15 PM
    I'm gonna switch to Sprint by the end of the summer, and I need help deciding on a device. The Galaxy Nexus is my current favorite because, well, it's a Nexus. But the EVO LTE and the Galaxy S III are giving it a run for my money. I think I like stock ICS the best, but Samsung's mods on the S III sound good, too, and the EVO LTE is, well, an EVO. I'm worried a future employer might frown upon rooting as a security risk, but I'd like to get the better hardware if I can. So my questions are:

How do the EVO and Nexus compare on...
    1. battery life? (I'll probably expand the Nexus battery to 2100 mAh if I get it)
    2. 3G connectivity? This is especially important, since where I live, Sprint's coverage map claims solid 3G, but it probably won't get LTE any time soon.
    3. software vs. hardware buttons?
    4. stock ICS vs. Sense 4? Probably the biggest question in my mind. I don't like Sense's multitasking (fewer apps on screen at a time), but are there other features to make up for it?

He said earlier that he's out and will come back later.
    These are the questions I want answers to!!!!
    Galaxy Nexus is at the top of my list as of right now and IM eligible for my upgrade on the 18th
    05-09-2012 11:44 PM
    What's with the internal storage showing 2gb and the phone storage ~10gb? Please don't tell me apps are limited to 2gb? Is the full 16GB available (Minus rom and other overhead) for apps? Confused by that screenshot.. my 32GB transformer shows all the space in one chunk. The thing I hate MOST about the Evo was the idiotic decision to limit the internal space to 1GB..
    delthor7 likes this.
    05-10-2012 12:04 AM
    Side note: I'll be getting the Evo LTE at Best Buy...getting $100 Best Buy giftcard (two $50's) and the phone for $149.99. Pre-ordered today. The Best Buy Mobile manager said he has Zaggs, cases, and other accessories on his inventory list for next Friday! I was first on the list and he laughed at all the deals I'll be getting for the new phone...

Phone Freedom offer = $50 giftcard
    OG Evo Trade-In offer = $50 giftcard
    Upgrade to new Sprint phone w/ 2-yr agreement offer = $50 off any new phone

I'll be getting the Black-Tie...never had a single issue with my OG Evo though, still the original from release day!
    05-10-2012 12:10 AM
    What's with the internal storage showing 2gb and the phone storage ~10gb? Please don't tell me apps are limited to 2gb? Is the full 16GB available (Minus rom and other overhead) for apps? Confused by that screenshot.. my 32GB transformer shows all the space in one chunk. The thing I hate MOST about the Evo was the idiotic decision to limit the internal space to 1GB..
    Original EVO had less than 1GB, EVO 3D has 1GB reserved for apps I think and it's pretty darn hard to fill unless you insist on installing dozens of large games to phone memory (from what I've seen, a good majority of games these days install to SD automatically or download their data there).

HTC did the dual partition formatting in order to enable standard USB mass storage mounting to PCs, which imo is a LOT more convenient than the MTP protocol tablets and Nexus/stock ICS devices use to transfer stuff to the phone. The downside is split partitions obviously, and the phone not being able to access the extra 10GB or the removable card while connected to a computer.

I believe Samsung's doing the same thing... Personally I think it's a valid compromise, MTP is a kludge and won't transfer half the stuff I feed it, plus it doesn't let you use the phone as a data drive.
    05-10-2012 12:12 AM
    Since Phil decided to start an AMA and then leave for the evening, allow me to answer all the questions: It's a One X with a removable battery, micro SD card slot and a kickstand on Sprint.

*edit* Also it's available May 18th for the same price as every other smartphone since forever.
    You obviously don't know the phone very well. At the very least, the battery is NOT removable.
    KoukiFC3S, ckoadiyn and bwithey11 like this.
    05-10-2012 12:13 AM
    This isnt necesarily a evo question but how is google hangout video quality on a android phone compared to the qaulity of facetime on iphone?
    05-10-2012 12:18 AM
    As far as insurance goes, I think someone mentioned the deductible is only gonna be $150? That's nice to hear. In addition to that, it's worth mentioning that if all you care about is theft/total loss insurance you DON'T have to pay the full $11...

Sprint's TEP has always been a two part service, half the free ($4 atm) is Asurion's insurance for when the phone's kaput or gone, and the other half is just for free service at Sprint's repair centers... Say you crack a screen but the phone works, or you've got a loose button, that kinda thing can be repaired at some stores and the second half of the TEP makes such a service free.

Personally I don't care much for the repair stuff, so I only pay $4 for Asurion insurance. Not sure if that's going up to $5 or $6 but it's still not much compared to other carrier's insurance or even third party insurance.

Sprint has stopped advertising this much and a lot of people think insurance is an automatic $8 - $11, it's not. You've still got the manufacturer's warrant as well if there's any huge defects within the first year. Sprint's second half of the TEP is totally unnecessary unless you're super clumsy imo.
    ckoadiyn, JoshK and 71Skid like this.
    05-10-2012 12:21 AM
678 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD