We are screwed!

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
On center stage we have Jessica. I'm so pissed.

Jessica: The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed. HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels.
You: WHAT?
Jessica: The arrival of your HTC EVO 4G LTE will be delayed until HTC is able to resolve this issue.
Jessica: HTC is working with U.S. Customs for a speedy resolution and your pre-order fee still holds the device.
Jessica: We will provide a shipping date as soon as possible.
You: this is bs. 3 days before the launch, you drop this on us the customer
Jessica: This is a customs issue.
You: its due to release friday
Jessica: We can?t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible. Please check the HTC EVO LTE microsite (HTC EVO 4G LTE is now available for pre-order) for the new launch date.
Jessica: Correct. The original release date was Friday, May 18th 2012.
You: i'm so done with sprint
Jessica: However, a customs issue has delayed the official release date.
You: exactly and why wait so long to get the phones through customs
You: Get ready for the thousands of cancellations.

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This is a parody, right?

I just has to be because I can't imagine screaming that "We are screwed!" because the release day of a smartphone MAY be delayed.

But you are "so done with Sprint" over an issue at U.S. Customs that, for all you know, may have already been resolved and they are finalizing the paperwork for release this evening.

If the main concern you have in life right now is that a consumer good you want may be delayed a week, I can only assure you that you are the luckiest person alive.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is a parody, right?

I just has to be because I can't imagine screaming that "We are screwed!" because the release day of a smartphone MAY be delayed.

But you are "so done with Sprint" over an issue at U.S. Customs that, for all you know, may have already been resolved and they are finalizing the paperwork for release this evening.

If the main concern you have in life right now is that a consumer good you want may be delayed a week, I can only assure you that you are the luckiest person alive.

It's just frustrating being lied to or mislead by numerous communications from sprint including online updates, chats, phone calls. This is our hard earned money that Sprint has.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am not jumping on the OP's bandwagon but you do have to wonder why HTC is just now trying to get these phones shipped???

Have you tracked an iPhone or iPad from China to the US? Having items reach US shores mere days before release sounds common.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I am not jumping on the OP's bandwagon but you do have to wonder why HTC is just now trying to get these phones shipped???

So everyone is assuming that these are the only EVOs that have been shipped to Sprint? Does that make even the slightest bit of sense? So they arrive in Long Beach, CA or @ a main shipping hub like LAX or Memphis this evening. And in the next 48 hours Sprint is going to take possession of all of the devices, inventory and inspect them at their warehouse, only to turn around and re-ship them within minutes? Large inventory quantities don't work like that. Tens of thousands of these things are already at the Sprint warehouse being prepped for shipment as we speak, along with the myriad units that have already been shipped to Sprint stores, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Walmart and the like. When you pick up your pre-order at Best Buy Friday morning, do you think they just received it from Sprint an hour before? Hell, they didn't receive it from Sprint at all! It comes from their central warehouses, who received it from Sprint or HTC a day or two before shipping them to the individual stores.

While I think that a lot of the phones will be delayed, I don't think we are going to be waiting for another week to see these things.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes because Sprint definitely knew this would happen......

Have you read the news from the patent infringements. They had a deadline of over a month ago. We are taking about large multi million dollar companies gambling with our money. If something might be delayed, be up front about it and don't take money via preorders!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you read the news from the patent infringements. They had a deadline of over a month ago. We are taking about large multi million dollar companies gambling with our money. If something might be delayed, be up front about it and don't take money via preorders!

you read the news, don't act surprised : )

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So everyone is assuming that these are the only EVOs that have been shipped to Sprint? Does that make even the slightest bit of sense? So they arrive in Long Beach, CA or @ a main shipping hub like LAX or Memphis this evening. And in the next 48 hours Sprint is going to take possession of all of the devices, inventory and inspect them at their warehouse, only to turn around and re-ship them within minutes? Large inventory quantities don't work like that. Tens of thousands of these things are already at the Sprint warehouse being prepped for shipment as we speak, along with the myriad units that have already been shipped to Sprint stores, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Walmart and the like. When you pick up your pre-order at Best Buy Friday morning, do you think they just received it from Sprint an hour before? Hell, they didn't receive it from Sprint at all! It comes from their central warehouses, who received it from Sprint or HTC a day or two before shipping them to the individual stores.

While I think that a lot of the phones will be delayed, I don't think we are going to be waiting for another week to see these things.

They'd be coming from HTC - so regardless of who's getting the device (Sprint, Best Buy, Amazon, Radio Shack), the shipment from HTC would be delayed by customs.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
They'd be coming from HTC - so regardless of who's getting the device (Sprint, Best Buy, Amazon, Radio Shack), the shipment from HTC would be delayed by customs.

They are going to dig that container wept, they are going to FIND them hyperlinks....go smarts!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Look at the title, I have mine, I am good. I pass. I don't buy the hype. Lots of speculation, and we can all do that. I don't follow, but I never have. Drama queens are okay in my book, but I know a see a few that like to get it started:p

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
And I believe they said indefinitely....

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

Do you believe it to be true? I am not sure yet, but many here have already drawn the line in the sand. I am going to wait a few hours and see what other sources develop. If this all comes down to Apple and their use of our tax dollars protecting our borders, the lynch mob de-no-more-apple will be formed, if it hasn't already.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yet if an Android OEM wins a patent case vs. Apple....

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They are going to dig that container wept, they are going to FIND them hyperlinks....go smarts!

Can someone please explain this? Thanks.