Please explain NFC to me

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I just watched the video on google play and honestly it just looked it changed his volume and network modes. How is that anything great? He still had to push buttons to go to "car" or "home" mode why wouldn't I just turn the volume up or down and turn wifi on or off? Seems like the same number of steps?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
NFC has a number of uses.

That's real insightful there Doug! I'm sure all will benefit from such a post!

Here's something a little more... useful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gcq16YJAkY&feature=related

While it's an advertisement for the Sony Xperia, it gives you an idea for the concept of how it works. As an example, when my wife is in the kitchen or her bathroom, she typically listens to her music via a bluetooth speaker. Having a NFC tag in these areas would allow her to simply bump her phone to the tag and have all the appropriate setting and apps launch. Pretty slick if you ask me. I wish there was more media around HTC devices using NFC.

Last edited:

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
:)Thanks so much! I knew it had to do with creating tasks and using tags to "set off" those tasks and I knew it was what powered Google Wallet. I was just looking for more information on those things. It looks like you've given me some good resources. I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
more questions:p, are all tags compatible with the EVO LTE or just certain ones? I notice the NFC website mentions capadability with Nexus and want to be sure it's all compatible before ordering. Then do you have to get the tags that "match" the app or can I get tags anywhere and just use any app?