promised 25gb dropbox

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok I can be wrong about the ammount that was promised it so far they only gave me 500mb of space. Where and how do you get the rest of space they were advertising?? Anyone having this problem??

Klaskimo

May 12, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the promised 25gb is bull . It requires you to do a bunch of stuff and invite friends etc. One thing I hate is bombarding a friends email with requests to join a stupid website.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It has to be a new account and they will send you an email on how to get the 25GB. Tou have to at least complete 5 out of 7 steps to get the extra space.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It seems like the promised 25gb is bull . It requires you to do a bunch of stuff and invite friends etc. One thing I hate is bombarding a friends email with requests to join a stupid website.

The invite friends email is not the one that gets you extra space. The below is what you should see in the email for the extra space.

Thanks for supercharging your HTC device with Dropbox! To claim your extra 23 GB of space, complete five steps from our Get Started guide!

Enjoy,
- The Dropbox Team

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
go on dropbox.com and sign in. then click get free space at the top and if a list of things to do is not on there, click view bonus space earned. you will see a list of things you can do. htc+dropbox should be on there if you logged in or signed up on your phone. i can guarantee it is not bull. you just have to take a couple steps.

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I had no problems getting the extra 25GB and I have an existing account. What I found triggered it as an existing owner is that I had to access DB from both my computer and my EVO LTE.

As a disclaimer, I already had done the linking to Twitter and wrote a short note about how much I liked DB and the like.

Now I have nearly 30 GB of space with DB.

The promotion is real.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I read on the GS3 forums that just by signing in to Dropbox on the phone you get the 50GB space. No idea if they had to do extra steps as well.

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
All BS!
That promo where you do a bunch of stuff is open for all.
Where is the GBs promised with the EVO?
I dont want to do a bunch of phishing stuff for them.

stockkid07

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who complains is lazy. U get 2 gb by activating DB. Another 500mb when upload first photo. When u download it to ur computer u get even more space. The stupid things u have to do is liking it on fb or twitter. Or tell DB what u like about them. Takes less than 2 minutes n I got 26gb space. stop complaining. Ur such an infant.

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Stockid, some of us are more mature than you probably are.
The sheeple will do all of what DB wants yu to do.
When I bought the HP touchpad, on account creation with Box, you were alloted 50GB.
Nothing to do.
Same with Google Drive. Did they ask you to do their Phishing for them?
Same with Skydrive. Nothing to do.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
go on dropbox.com and sign in. then click get free space at the top and if a list of things to do is not on there, click view bonus space earned. you will see a list of things you can do. htc+dropbox should be on there if you logged in or signed up on your phone. i can guarantee it is not bull. you just have to take a couple steps.

No it is not working for me either. I created a new account from the phone. logged in from the phone, it is even uploading pictures. I logged in from the computer.

It says You've earned 250 MB! after completing all 5 steps.

I have a total of 2.8GB.

UPDATE 1: Going to un-install updates to the DB app, maybe that broke it.

Nope, still only 2.8. I tried unlinking it from the Evo and signing in again No Go.
I cannot trigger whatever it wants for the extra space.

Oh well no big deal I guess. I have been really enjoying Google Drive anyway.

UPDATE 2: Okay in my DB act, there s a My Computers setting and my PC is listed but the one below states
Computer name Activity
Android N/A

There is an unlink option so i did and logged on again from the Evo. Still no go.
Now at the bottom it does say:
You have 1 Windows computer and 1 Android phone linked to Dropbox.

So it knows I am linked but is not seeing me log on???

So the account is not seeing that I have logged in from the Evo so this is probably why it is not working.
No idea what else to try right now.

Last edited:

stockkid07

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Aviat. If u don't like it. Don't use it. Don't complain. They promised u space for the evo. N u can get it. They didn't say u didn't have to do anything for it. I bet u even complained u had to make an account. Haha

cdcellular

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about any of these steps. I just downloaded db app on my new EVO, logged into my existing account and got the extra 25gb immediately.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I logged in with my existing account in the initial setup and I didn't have my extra space.

I then opened the app and instantly got an email saying the space was added to my account. I now have over 25gb.

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not bull its 23 gigs nd they send you an email with steps to go through.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Can one of you guys that received the 25GB look in your account and tell me if your Android device is listed as accessed?

Go under your name-->settings. then My Computers tab. There it lists all computers that have drop Box installed and the "Last activity."

As I mentioned before; Android just says N/A even though I am on the dropbox via the app.
Yet my photos are being uploaded to it.
Yet below it says:
You have 1 Windows computer and 1 Android phone linked to Dropbox.

Weird.
I think that is why I am not getting my space.

Last edited:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Never mind, i don't care after all. I read this is only for 2 years then you get downgraded unless you sigh up for a payment account. that is understandable but i don't want to rely on that..

I think I will stick with Google drive.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Never mind, i don't care after all. I read this is only for 2 years then you get downgraded unless you sigh up for a payment account. that is understandable but i don't want to rely on that..

I think I will stick with Google drive.

It is just 2 years. I'm migrating all my stuff to GDrive, 100GB for £3 a month :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Android Central Forums