SGP screen protectors are now on sale

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting for the Steinheil protectors!

Looking at the pics though, it doesn't look like they made a cutout for the proximity sensor. Do you think this will cause issues like with the Zagg protectors?

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting for the Steinheil protectors!

Looking at the pics though, it doesn't look like they made a cutout for the proximity sensor. Do you think this will cause issues like with the Zagg protectors?

I don't know all the details about the product until I receive the product :p it doesn't mention on the website, tho. But, i think if the screen protector affects the proximity sensor, they might make a cutout for that. :) Hopefully, anyone who received their product can answer this question! :)

SamOfSiam

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I got this screen protector 2 days ago and now my phone thinks that I am alway near it. I have to turn the phone on to hang up or make a conference call. I contacted Spigen to see what advice they can give me regarding creating a cut out for the proximity sensor. I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got my Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector put on today. So far I haven't had any issues with the proximity sensor like I did with the ZAGG HD.

I like this screen protector a lot compared to the ZAGG HD. It's smooth as glass, clear as glass, feels like glass, and just looks like glass.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, i'm a convert to the Steinheil screen protectors and i love em.

I purchased the Ultra Crystal but next time i'll try the Ultra Oleophobic : Glossy Oil-Resisting Film to try and cut down on the streaking a bit.

My daughter is getting the Evolte next month (her upgrade) and i'll check them out then.

Totally love the feel. Coming from the Zagg its a night and day difference.

briankeene

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the Ultra Crystal and found it a little hard to wipe clean, it looked great and no problems with the proximity sensor. I got the Oleophobic yesterday and changed to that and it is great, wipes clean much easier and looks great with no sensor issues. Worth the extra $16 to have screen wipe clean easily, I wish they were available at first.

Reactions: Technosticrati

SamOfSiam

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. seems like I am the only one with the p-sensor issue. I contacted Spigen and they told me to basically return it if I purchased from a authorized dealer. Anyone get the anti-glare version of the screen protector and not getting the issue? Maybe I just need to get the Oleophobic or Crystal version?

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow.. seems like I am the only one with the p-sensor issue. I contacted Spigen and they told me to basically return it if I purchased from a authorized dealer. Anyone get the anti-glare version of the screen protector and not getting the issue? Maybe I just need to get the Oleophobic or Crystal version?

The fact you got the anti-glare may be the problem. Get the Ultra Crystal. I have it on 4 phones with no problems.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered one through Amazon. The Ultra Crystal was available with Prime shipping, so it saved me $3 on shipping versus buying from the vendor's website. The other two versions, from some reason, weren't eligible for Prime, though.

SamOfSiam

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Just an update, I purchased the Oleophobic screen protector and my proximity sensor works now! I guess the ultra fine one disperses too much light that the p sensor thinks my cheek is near. Thanks guys

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ERicJ

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

I got my UltraFine, i.e. anti-glare, today and installed it. Tested the proximity sensor and don't seem to have any issues with it. Putting my finger ~2" and closer from the sensor will activate it, otherwise the screen stays on.

I love the smooth feel of the Steinheil. I found the gorilla glass to be far too tacky when using it repeatedly, like with Swype or Scramble w/ Friends.

SamOfSiam

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I got my UltraFine, i.e. anti-glare, today and installed it. Tested the proximity sensor and don't seem to have any issues with it. Putting my finger ~2" and closer from the sensor will activate it, otherwise the screen stays on.

I love the smooth feel of the Steinheil. I found the gorilla glass to be far too tacky when using it repeatedly, like with Swype or Scramble w/ Friends.

Darn! That sucks for me! Like you, I love the slickness of the ultra fine protector. Maybe my p sensor is extra sensitive or something. I'm glad (and jealous) that you are using the anti glare protector with no issues :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2