HUUUUGE Kickstand FAIL

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
No hand is large enough to face palm this Fail.

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

That's why the Double Facepalm exists...

127doublefacepalmwhenon.jpg

Reactions: sasha

Jaymcp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure which is more disturbing: the OP and the fact that this is a thread, or the fact that someone "thanked" the OP.

HAHA I thanked him for the chuckle he gave me for even asking this question in the first place. You knew someone was bound to be dumb enough not to be able to figure out the kickstand.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I could be wrong but, I don't think the car charger or desk top docks would be as nice looking if you had to slide the bottom of the phone into a charging port to use them (while in landscape).

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
My initial thoughts were that the charging port should be on the bottom, not the side. But then I realized that if was, you could not use the kickstand in portrait mode at all.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

goukiphone

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I had to weigh in due to the way some of you posters ?spoke? about the original poster(?s thread). I had the EVO LTE, for seven days, and took it back and went back to my EVO 4G?which, for me is a better phone. And one of the reasons is the stand sucks. Yes, it works in ?every? position, however, not all apps support the ?upside-down horizon.? For users like me, we don?t understand why HTC took the charger off the end, and instead, put it where it will get in the way. Another reason the kickstand sucks is because it is completely recessed. In order for me (with larger fingers and no fingernails to speak of) to pop it out, I had to use a tool. There was a lot I liked about the phone, but the kickstand and lack of signal capacity simply made it not work out. Just because you ?think? someone didn?t know the kickstand didn?t hold up regardless of its position, don?t assume they didn?t try it out. It may have simply not worked out for them. And there is no reason to design a 'new' kickstand, HTC has several (especially the Thunderbolt) that work quite well.