HUUUUGE Kickstand FAIL

EVO4GLTE

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I cant believe this, i got my new evo 4g lte and come to find out...while im charging my phone, my kickstand is rendered useless due to the fact that the plug on the charger inhibits the phone to sit properly on any surface. ONE OF THE BEST PHONES WITH THE COOLEST FEATURE IS A --------FAIL----------!!!! I love my phone but d^mn, i have to waste my battery now if i want to watch a movie with the kickstand out....

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
attachment.php

Sent from my EVO LTE

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
While I agree that the kickstand "works" in either landscape or reverse landscape, HTC still should have thought it out better as far as the design. Landscape, for my money, gives the far better viewing angle when the phone is on a table or desk, and so it is in this mode that one should be able to use the kickstand and charge simultaneously. Honestly, reverse landscape with the kickstand is only a slightly better viewing angle than having the phone flat on its back. No compelling reason why the charge port couldn't have been on the bottom of the phone.

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I cant believe this, i got my new evo 4g lte and come to find out...while im charging my phone, my kickstand is rendered useless due to the fact that the plug on the charger inhibits the phone to sit properly on any surface. ONE OF THE BEST PHONES WITH THE COOLEST FEATURE IS A --------FAIL----------!!!! I love my phone but d^mn, i have to waste my battery now if i want to watch a movie with the kickstand out....

F A I L please less threads from you.

Reactions: crzycrkr

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Kickstand even works in portrait....I'm just saying (not add good as landscape but still works)

Sent from my HTC .....oh wait its stuck at customs

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
At least you can flip it over... The Thunderbolt has the same issue but the kickstand doesn't stay open in reverse landscape. Compromises.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
To the OP. What do you use more, Charger or Volume Control.
If we too your advice and had the kick stand the other way, it would make the volume control inaccessible. I find my self adjusting my volume more then i need a charge when using the kickstand..

Reactions: katmandoo122

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
While I agree that the kickstand "works" in either landscape or reverse landscape, HTC still should have thought it out better as far as the design. Landscape, for my money, gives the far better viewing angle when the phone is on a table or desk, and so it is in this mode that one should be able to use the kickstand and charge simultaneously. Honestly, reverse landscape with the kickstand is only a slightly better viewing angle than having the phone flat on its back. No compelling reason why the charge port couldn't have been on the bottom of the phone.

Oh come on...the viewing angles are nearly identical....furthermore, the LCD screen has amazing visibility off axis.

I can't see you really being annoyed by the slightly different angle.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It seems like we are going to have to distribute Baby Prozak upon new user registration, that way folks will be able to emotionally handle the this EVO's horrendous shortcomings.

sabbys

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I cant believe this, i got my new evo 4g lte and come to find out...while im charging my phone, my kickstand is rendered useless due to the fact that the plug on the charger inhibits the phone to sit properly on any surface.

The kickstand is not rendered useless when charging. In fact I used it yesterday, listening to music while charging and propped up on the kickstand. It works.

The drawback is the volume controls are now on the bottom against the desk rendering them inaccessible without picking the device up.

But the kickstand works fine in all 3 orientations. It is very strong!