deleted text messages reappearing! creepy!

grisgris

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am not sure if this is related to the phone, the software or the service. I delete text messages as soon as I am done with them - I don't like the clutter or the constant reminder of a "to do list". I have service via Sprint, have had this for years.

A few days ago I noticed text messages coming back - but they are only from my husband. I will delete a message and I know it is gone - my screen is blank of text messages. They have come back a few times - either when he texts me in a reply, or when I start a new text. All of a sudden the thread that I deleted is back.

Also...I saved one message from him to my secure box (I really loved this message!) and that message is now gone, along with one other message I saved there from my daughter. I did not go into the secure box and delete them.

Any idea what is going on? This reappearing is only happening with my husband's messages.

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am not sure if this is related to the phone, the software or the service. I delete text messages as soon as I am done with them - I don't like the clutter or the constant reminder of a "to do list". I have service via Sprint, have had this for years.

A few days ago I noticed text messages coming back - but they are only from my husband. I will delete a message and I know it is gone - my screen is blank of text messages. They have come back a few times - either when he texts me in a reply, or when I start a new text. All of a sudden the thread that I deleted is back.

Also...I saved one message from him to my secure box (I really loved this message!) and that message is now gone, along with one other message I saved there from my daughter. I did not go into the secure box and delete them.

Any idea what is going on? This reappearing is only happening with my husband's messages.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forums! Are you using the stock messaging application or Hangouts? The reason why I ask is because if using Hangouts (internet messaging not sms) then the conversation is saved to Google as an online chat. You'll need to visit your Google account to delete the conversation.

endi112

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
This is equally happening to me. For the past 4 months I keep receiving a single message each time I switch on my phone... Even if its on Flight mode. I have barred the number, still it happens. I have my stock message app, but I'm using the Google Messenger app. I wonder if deleting this app can stop this.

Posted via the Android Central App