Insufficient memory error - when there's plenty of memory!

Rudiepoo1

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've been running the Kinged Shooter RLS1 for probably three days now and all of a sudden now when I try to download apps from the market I keep getting a error when downloading that says insufficient space on the device. I have plenty of space, I have 4.94GB on the SD card and 188MB of internal. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

MEZOCLONE

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've been running the Kinged Shooter RLS1 for probably three days now and all of a sudden now when I try to download apps from the market I keep getting a error when downloading that says insufficient space on the device. I have plenty of space, I have 4.94GB on the SD card and 188MB of internal. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

Partitioning your sd card will free up your internal memory, you can use clockwork mod recovery or amon RA. They both have the ability to partition your sd card.

Step 1. Get titanium backup, Backup all apps you have downloaded(From Market), Don't backup system apps.
Step 2. Copy all contents of the sd card over to your computer or external drive, thumb drive, ect.
Step 3. Format the sd card.(Optional if the sd card was already formatted)
Step 4. Partition the sd card.
-SD Card size and number of apps will vary so pick what works for you 512-4000mb EXT3/ 32-64 SWAP SIZE
Step 5. Copy cwm and titanium backup and the rom of your choice to the sd card.You can also just copy everything back over if you want.
Step 6. Flash rom and reboot.
Step 7. Restore all your apps using titanium backup.
Step 8. Move apps to sd card.
Step 9. Have fun with it!
Step 10. Have some more fun ha. If you do go this route, don't worry if it takes a while to partition its ok could take up to 10-15 min but really more like 5-10 min.......

Reactions: dogblade03