Problems Rooting

knicks5171#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

Just to let everyone know I am new to android and rooting. I know a lot about hacking into the Pre and I recently switched to the Evo. Today I tried to root using the Unrevoked method. I downloaded the file directly to my phone from the unrevoked website. I then installed and ran the program. After the program runs its says done. However, when I installed the wifi tethering app it says Phone is not rooted. I rebooted the phone and it still doesn't work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. It would be greatly appreciated. Also, not sure if this matters but I installed the ota update on June 28th.

Thanks for your help,
Alex

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

Just to let everyone know I am new to android and rooting. I know a lot about hacking into the Pre and I recently switched to the Evo. Today I tried to root using the Unrevoked method. I downloaded the file directly to my phone from the unrevoked website. I then installed and ran the program. After the program runs its says done. However, when I installed the wifi tethering app it says Phone is not rooted. I rebooted the phone and it still doesn't work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. It would be greatly appreciated. Also, not sure if this matters but I installed the ota update on June 28th.

Thanks for your help,
Alex

It matters, you'll have to wait to root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress