several questions: battery, roms, kernals, etc.

bcrtj457

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I have several questions, I'll just give you the rundown of what's going on. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I just ordered the seidio battery for my phone (3500).

the battery widget i downloaded is telling me 92% left on battery, and the little icon in the task bar is showing completely full.
Are the widgets pretty accurate with what they display as to what's really left on the battery?

also, when I first got this battery, I put it on the external charger for 12 hours(tuesday night). what else do i need to do to ensure it's going to fully charge while charging IN my phone? This morning this is what I did: charged til all the way green, turned phone off, charging light turned back orange so i waited until it was green again, booted into recovery using clockwork, and then wiped battery stats. this only being my second charge, i know it can take up to 5 or 6 charges to reach battery's full potential, but i have unplugged it and not really used it since 7:30am. my battery widget is telling me I only have 90% left (dropped 2% already while posting this). that seems like it drained that first 10% really quickly. also, i have made another thread about my phone being awake 100% of the time, so I am sure this is contributing to it.

Here is all the info about my phone:
I am rooted.
Rom: 3.26.651.6---Froyo DeOdexed RevE3
Kernal: 2.6.32.15-g746f4f0
htc-kernal@and18-2 #58
PRL Version 60670
PRI Version 1.34_003 (which I can't get updated no matter what i've tried)
baseband version 2.15.00.07.28

I'm using HTC Sense as my launcher.
I am using multicon so i can utilize more of my homescreen with more apps. Other than that, not using any other widgets besides the weather widget.

I can't figure out what's keeping my phone awake.
how do I ensure that my battery is going to get a FULL charge while IN my phone.
Trouble updating PRI
I can't get wireless tether to work. (a whole other issue)

If anyone can help with any of these issues, it would be greatly appreciated.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My opinion as a user of the 3500Seidio is that the charge drops just like the regular battery used to. After that, I am good for the day after heavy usage. I wouldn't lose sleep over the fast drop in the battery. I also wouldn't lose sleep over the PRI update. To me it doesn't matter.

I took off battery at 7:45....recharged in car to work for :15min....it is now 10:00am and I am at 90% with little usage.

I would try Wireless Tether .apks with a pre2 or pre# after it. Not sure exactly whats out there but pre2 works on mine. Try a bunch.

bcrtj457

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
not only can i not get wireless tether to work, but i can't download certain things from the market, like PDA net, shoot me, or shazam (those are the three that i know for sure because i've been trying since last night).

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not only can i not get wireless tether to work, but i can't download certain things from the market, like PDA net, shoot me, or shazam (those are the three that i know for sure because i've been trying since last night).

Do a full wipe (data/dalvik/cache) then flash your ROM again. It's kind of a PITA but I's happened to me more times than i can count and this typically fixes it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
And this should go without saying but NAND backup first. If it doesn't work then just NAND restore. No harm no foul.

I've learned that nothing goes without saying. How many times have you told people "the instructions are in the first post"?

EDIT: Just realized I sounded kinda harsh. Didn't mean to come across that way. Or make somebody feel dumb or that they shouldn't ask questions or anything like that.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I've learned that nothing goes without saying. How many times have you told people "the instructions are in the first post"?

EDIT: Just realized I sounded kinda harsh. Didn't mean to come across that way. Or make somebody feel dumb or that they shouldn't ask questions or anything like that.

lol I know exactly what thread your referring to and it was my bad for not making it clear. Sometimes i assume things when i really should have spelled it out more clearly to prevent frustration and confusion for the user end.

I think the OP is just happy to be getting some advice :) keep up the great work!