Crap. Need help - Did factory reset and now all my apps on SD...

meangreenstebo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My EVO locked up on me - I couldn't even get it to unlock the screen. I was forced to do a clean boot from the menu and it factory reset the phone. I lost all my contacts and I cannot see any of my apps. I have most of my apps on the SD card and when I hook it up to the computer - I can see them on it still... but they are not showing anywhere on the phone. It shows the memory being used on the SD card, but none of the actual apps. The pictures showed up just fine - but the apps are in this Poltergeist land in between SD card and never never land. Is there ANY way to fix this? I am the least technical person on the planet so if you can help me - please type in idiot language. I need a step by step method to fix this. My FAVORITE App was a movie streaming app that I paid for - and I can't get to it! And it has been pulled from the market! HELP!!! Please, I will be so thankful.

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Crap. Need help - Did factory reset and now all my apps on S

When you move an app to the sd card you are moving most of the contents and data storage to the sd card but the key components are still on the phone. When you perform a factory reset you are wiping the phone of all of the important files necessary for these apps. You may see the folders for these apps but all you are seeing really is the data for these apps and not the apk or application file itself. Unfortunately you need to re-install your apps. May I recommend you find a backup utility so that in the event you have to wipe your phone again all will be saved? I would try Titanium Backup or any other popular backup utility that you find... everyone has their preferences

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

As to the paid app you can't get I am sure that if you go to the services site... like Jetflicks for example... they will direct you to how to find a copy. What was the app in question btw?

meangreenstebo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

As to the paid app you can't get I am sure that if you go to the services site... like Jetflicks for example... they will direct you to how to find a copy. What was the app in question btw?

Mega Viewer Pro was the app that I care about. It is completely off the market now and every website that has it wants you to sign up for some membership or crazy contest or something. I used to have their e-mail address but of course - it was on the phone - which is wiped. If anyone has it, I would appreciate a PM.

meangreenstebo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the answer - I am only pissed about the Mega Viewer App. I can get the pics off the card and then just delete (I guess?) -

So should I just wipe the card clean? Are all these folders basically usless on the card now?

rambo47

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Your contacts should all be safe on your GMail account.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the answer - I am only pissed about the Mega Viewer App. I can get the pics off the card and then just delete (I guess?) -

So should I just wipe the card clean? Are all these folders basically usless on the card now?

Yep... If you didn't/couldn't back up before you did the factory reset... Got to start from the beginning.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez