HTC Evo 4G Best Buy Pre Sales Started TODAY!!!

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
What happens if purchase it at BB using an available upgrade on a family plan and ESN swap it to another line on the same plan?

You don't have to worry about the ESN swap just have them use the upgrade from one line and activate it on another. I've done it several times now.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
So does Best Buy honor the Sprint Primier agreement? Meaning that they'll give me the $200 price because I'm a primier customer for Sprint, and I won't have to pay an activation fee?

You'll get charged the activation fees, just have to call Sprint and have them removed.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I questioned the tax on the gift card myself and was told that as of January 1, 2010 they were required to collect tax on all gift card sales and not to worry that the 4 bucks and change (different CA county), would be credited to the full purchase.

Pre-ordered this morning. The Best Buy Mobile in my area has Sprint phones, but because of and agreement with Verizon, they only stock Verizon and T-Moblie phones. They drop-ship Sprint and AT&T. So, I probably wouldn't get the EVO until Monday or Tuesday. Not. I drove to a regular Best Buy in the area the stocks the Sprint phones and pre-ordered there.

Odd thing with the gift card. They gave me the $50 card, but I was also charged tax. Huh? For a gift card? They said that the tax can also be applied to my purchase. I'm expecting a hassle over that $5 bucks (10% tax in CA. do not live here if you don't need to. :eek:)

Oh yeah. No lines. I was the only person at both stores.

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah all rebates at best buy are instant. We do not deal with mail in rebates, its one of our brand promises to the customer.

Yeah there will be an activation fee of 18 dollars form Sprint for the upgrade. This is from Sprint not Best Buy so there is a chance that you could call Sprint and ask them to waive it. Its just automatic at activation in the system.

Thanks BB guy! I'm on my way to put some cash down right meow! Thanks for the quick response!

I'm so excited for something big from Sprint finally! It's only taken 10 years of being a customer for it to actually happen!

ewhiteboy

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Preordered mine today, the woman didn't even know they were doing preorders today. Its funny that the release date is three days after my upgrade. It's like Sprint knew that early adopters of the Pre would be moving on to the EVO.

EXACTLY my thoughts when I heard that it was coming out on the 4th. Figures it wouldn't come out same day as the Pre but that is a Sunday this year so it doesn't make too much sense, but it's still maddening.

I got to Best Buy this morning at 9:30 and waited for it to open at 10 and there wasn't another person in line or waiting to pre-order I was actually pretty shocked. I wasn't charged this sales tax that everyone else is complaining about but I live in St. Louis so that probably has something to do with it. Stop worrying about it because i'm sure it's not a mistake and something you will have to go through living in your area. Just be happy that you will basically be guaranteed a phone on the 4th and get to laugh at all the suckers camping out.

tojoe616

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can receive company discounts through BB like i would if i went through Sprint?

Sprint discounts are tied to the sprint shell account and should still show up on your bill just fine. As far as sprints discount for accessories in store that will not apply to those bought at Best Buy.

gol706

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I just pre-ordered mine at BB and got the $50 gift card (no tax but they wouldn't take my $15 in reward zone certificates until I pickup the phone). I saw from that stack that I am #10 on the list. Should I be worried about being #10? I know that the Best Buys in town here usually get larger shipments of popular items then those in other areas of the country, but I don't know what the usually shipments for phones are to BB.

trojandnc

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So a salesrep, knows more than the spokesman for sprint? Mandatory EVO 4G Premium Data Charge

The area Sprint rep was also in the Best Buy I plucked down my deposit at as well. Unfortunately I had to correct what she telling customers (that it was either $10 extra or $29.99 extra, not both). She sent a message to HQ and got a call back asap that it WAS both if you wanted the EVO to do EVERYTHING it was capable of.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can add my name to the preorder list. Actually add it twice since I preordered one for my wife as well. It took some convincing because she was not with me and they only allow 1 per person.

Send from my Tmo crapberry curve, but not for long.

cj28

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Brand New to the forums, but went to my local Best Buy this evening and did the pre order with the $50 deposit. Got my copy of the pre order form, receipt, and the gift card. Looking forward to making the switch from the Tour to the Evo 4g.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if I should be concerned. I was the first person to do this at my local BB. They actually opened an e-mail containing the pre-order sku after I told them it was available. All I got when I placed my order was a receipt(which clearly says it is for the Evo 4g) and a Mobile Gift Card. I never saw any order form that others are talking about.

Sincere_2010

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if I should be concerned. I was the first person to do this at my local BB. They actually opened an e-mail containing the pre-order sku after I told them it was available. All I got when I placed my order was a receipt(which clearly says it is for the Evo 4g) and a Mobile Gift Card. I never saw any order form that others are talking about.

There should have been a basic form you filled out with your name, address, and phone number. It is not necessary to have a copy of that in order to get your phone on June 4th. All you need is your receipt and gift card.....

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I did my pre order today and I didnt get an order form just the receipt and gift card with the receipt saying its for the HTC Evo. I wouldnt worry about it, they said they would call everyone to pick it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress