HTC Evo 4G Best Buy Pre Sales Started TODAY!!!

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I did my pre order an hour ago. I was the first one to pre order at my local store. They were a little confused, they could not print out the pre order form, so they hand wrote one. They told me they had to keep the gift card, even though I asked several times. They said the receipt would be enough with the hand written pre order form. I can't wait, it's Pre release day all over.

I have contacted BB customer service regarding the gift card. I don't want them to think I spent the gift card on something else, and then lose my $54

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I did my pre order an hour ago. I was the first one to pre order at my local store. They were a little confused, they could not print out the pre order form, so they hand wrote one. They told me they had to keep the gift card, even though I asked several times. They said the receipt would be enough with the hand written pre order form. I can't wait, it's Pre release day all over.

I have contacted BB customer service regarding the gift card. I don't want them to think I spent the gift card on something else, and then lose my $54

Yeah that seems a little a weird that they didnt give you the gift card. What happens if you decide to buy the phone somewhere else? Will they give it to you then?

chrisho

May 14, 2010
www.chrishophotos.com
i got my preorders done this morning. 2 for sure lol. too bad i won't be able to pick it up on the 4th because i'll be in vegas from 3-7th. they said they'll hold the 2 for me for sure. lets just hope when i get back they'll have it held lol.

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The $20 credit is a nice touch. I heard that they might be shipping the phone earlier too, any truth in that?

haven't heard one way or the other... honestly I hope it's a couple of days earlier as I have to head out of town for the weekend the day that the phone goes on sale (Why does Sprint have to release phones on the weekend) and won't get back till Sunday nght after the stores close. The fine print says it's holding pre-orders for 48 hours... So I'll have to be playing a hoping game that my phone wasn't sold between store open and the time I get there. Keep in mind this is a rural area where there isn't a lot of sprint customers, but you never know....

bdarknessb

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered mine at noon, was the 4th at my local store. They gave me a gift-card for 50 dollars. Wish I'd waited for the Radio Shacks offer with the 20 dollar accessory.. but thats okay I'll have my phone on the 4th. Sweeeeeeeet

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Going to the 'Shack' tomorrow. As usual we know more than they do. I have called several stores in the area and they do not know too much. One store employee said his manager 'mentioned' something about it but he was not in and to check tomorrow in the morning. I will check tomorrow morning w/ my $50. You would think that Radio Shack would be all over this and getting the information out, especially when they are competing with Best Buy.

Oj_Mayo

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Im goin to pre-order mines as well tomarrow at radioshack...and now the countdown begins, lol...hopefully Radioshack gets it early...that would be sweet

Delta1#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Why is it that you can pre-order at Best Buy and Radio Shack but not at a Sprint store?
I would think that the company stores should be able to take care of customers before places like Best Buy.
Anyone have any ideas on why this is?

Rizop

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if you are buying off contract you may find better rates at a sprints corporate store. I am not 100% on this but the reason for the higher prices at Best Buy Mobile may be the fact that we have to purchase the phones from sprint to sell in our stores and then we receive a credit from sprint on the phones put on contract. This is why rebate pricing is inline if not better than the sprint stores. But when we sell it on no contract we are selling it at the retail price that makes us money based on what sprint sold us the phones for. So all in all we are a business and we need to make money on our sales. The rebates are backed by sprint so we still make a profit. The no contracts are not so we have to sell at a higher price to make a profit.

Mail in rebates are taken care of on the back end thats why you can get a contract price instantly.

Does this clear anything up?

Thanks for the clarification!

mp0510

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
A couple of questions I have:
1. I buy phones at the sprint store and get them to just add it to my monthly bill. Does Best Buy or Radio Shack do that? I'm going on vacation the following week and would love to get the phone in June but pay for it in July. However, I like paying $200 versus $300 with MIR even better.

2. Has anyone gotten a firm answer on the Radioshack early release question someone asked a few posts back?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Pre-ordered mine at noon, was the 4th at my local store. They gave me a gift-card for 50 dollars. Wish I'd waited for the Radio Shacks offer with the 20 dollar accessory.. but thats okay I'll have my phone on the 4th. Sweeeeeeeet

Hmm, Best Buy has a price match. I might take this into Best Buy tomorrow and tell them I want the accessory or $20 off the price.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Its 10 pm 13 may here in Hawaii and I will be pre-ordering from the shack tomorrow because bestbuy over here don't sell sprint phones.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi there guys, first time to this forum, I am a Pre owner moving to Evo 4g, I preordered mine yesterday afternoon at best buy, everything went smoothly and was the 4th in the store to do so. Question I have is does anyone know how is best buy going to handle the launch day with people waiting in line and then us pre order people all trying to get their phone and activate them in a timely manner? Seems to me that it will take forever because they only have like 2 stations? Any thoughts???

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Question I have is does anyone know how is best buy going to handle the launch day with people waiting in line and then us pre order people all trying to get their phone and activate them in a timely manner? Seems to me that it will take forever because they only have like 2 stations? Any thoughts???
The Best Buy where I placed my pre-order said that I should just come in anytime on the 4th. However, if their pre-orders are numerous, then they would give me a call to set-up an appointment on the 4th. That way the wait to buy the phone, and to get it activated, should be short.

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The Best Buy where I did my pre-order said they would call me the night before to set up an apointment for me to pick up my phone. They didn't say anything about it depending on the number of orders. I got there at about 12:00 and was the 3rd person to do a preorder. I can't wait for June 4th!

Deutch

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from pre-ordering my EVO from the local Best Buy. I am the 12th person to do so and had to set up an appointment while I was there. They said I can just go in and pretty much move to the front of the line due to having the appointment.