could not preorder the evo at bb !!!!!

brown88

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i just came from the bb in new orleans and was told i could not preorder the evo until i get a new two year contract. i thought that since my contract is up i could order it. and i was told they do not match the rs $20 accessory credit. should i try at rs or wait until i do a new two years contract?

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
i just came from the bb in new orleans and was told i could not preorder the evo until i get a new two year contract. i thought that since my contract is up i could order it. and i was told they do not match the rs $20 accessory credit. should i try at rs or wait until i do a new two years contract?

Huh? If your contract is up, you can sign a new two year contract and get the $199 price. I don't think Best Buy will match that $20 accessory card. Some people posted saying they will but Best Buy does price matching not incentive/rebate matching.

If I were you, I would talk to someone else, maybe the manager or try Radio Shack.

brown88

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what they are saying then. Now to get the upgrade at the $199 price you have to renew for another 2-year contract. You are willing do to this?

Oh yea i have no problem doing that, i was going to see if i could add a student discount to lower the bill a little though.

brown88

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You'd have to change your plan, can't use EVO on a sero plan. It would have to be one of their everything data plans.

its probably still showing that i am on sero when he pulled up my info which would stop me from ordering the evo. do you think i should try rs?

Last edited:

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just went into my local BB and they let me preorder an EVO, even though I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 7/1. They had no problem with me coming into the store when I'm eligible to actually buy the phone.

The preorder is just to hold a phone in your name. At the time you pick it up, it's up to you to make sure you're properly eligible for upgrade pricing.

brown88

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just went into my local BB and they let me preorder an EVO, even though I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 7/1. They had no problem with me coming into the store when I'm eligible to actually buy the phone.

The preorder is just to hold a phone in your name. At the time you pick it up, it's up to you to make sure you're properly eligible for upgrade pricing.

why could it not go that easy for me lol. i am eligible for an upgrade and still have to go through this:(. i might go to rs and see what they say.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the BB representative you talked to knew what he was talking about or he misunderstood you. You are in a great position since you are done with your contract... you can do what ever you want, including buy the EVO at BB for $199 and renew your contract. But if I were you (and you are for SURE going to buy the EVO and stay with Sprint) I would call Sprint renew your contract with them before you buy the EVO so you can get the $70 Renewal (Loyalty) Credit. Make sure you ask for the credit when doing this because they like to try and play dumb and not give it to you. You can still pre-order at any time.

What I don't understand is why some BB's are checking peoples accounts and others are not when pre-ordering. They are not doing this at the BB by my house.

Last edited:

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
yea since may. i was also on the sero plan. was that the reason?
brown88, they cannot access any SERO plans at a Best Buy, so if you plan on getting the EVO and continuing on with a Simply Everything Plus Referral Plan, you can't do it there. EXCEPTION: Buying the phone outright, which is what I am doing (ugh), because I am far from being eligible for a phone discount. I pre-ordered my EVO last week, and when it comes in on the 4th, I'll go in, pick up my phone and head home. Then I have to get on the horn with the SERO folks and change my plan and activate the phone that way.

An interesting sidebar: it all depends on who you talk to at a Best Buy (or anywhere for that matter) - the day I did my pre-order, I happened to call the store that was closest to me and the Wireless associate said BBY was told to stop pre-ordering because they were overwhelmed with requests and could not fill all the orders!!
Called the next store in town and the guy said, "Come on in! I just got off a conference call with Corporate and they said sell, sell, sell!".

brown88

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i have an update. just came back from rs and did my preorder. i was only asked if i was eligible for an upgrade and payed my 50 dollars and walked out the door.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
i have an update. just came back from rs and did my preorder. i was only asked if i was eligible for an upgrade and payed my 50 dollars and walked out the door.

Good for you man. Although i did pre-order mine at best buy its smart you took your business elsewhere.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Why would they care if you are eligible for upgrade or not? It doesn't matter if you are signing a new contract or buying the phone outright, it still is only a $50 deposit.

brown88

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Why would they care if you are eligible for upgrade or not? It doesn't matter if you are signing a new contract or buying the phone outright, it still is only a $50 deposit.

yea i know all i wanted to do was order the phone. thanks to rs i was able to. the employee even said i was the first to preorder. i guess i am but a few people on new orleans that know about the preorder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez