Data-Multitasking is proving itself AWESOME!

bmoore

Apr 28, 2010
www.bmrsoftware.com
So... I gotta admit, I felt like a kid before Christmas last night. I didn't really sleep all that well probably due in part (or mostly) to the fact that the coolest phone I had ever seen was coming out the next morning and I WAS GETTING ONE! I even went so far as to take a bendril and a shot of nyquil to try and knock me out for the night. <--Ha! Totally kidding. At any rate, I picked up my EVO at 6:00AM this morning and I AM luuuuuuvin' it.

So, I find myself having to call the helpdesk for some issues we're having with our Exchange server at work, and I end up on hold. Although I'm not in a 4G area, I was lucky enough to be in a WiFi enabled area. I was able to check email and facebook, browse the net, even send a twitter update! It made listening to the cheesy elevator music, a little more bearable over the 20 minutes I was on hold. REALLY NICE.

I've been with Sprint for awhile, so even though I had the multitasking Pre, I'm not used to being able to multitask Voice and Data. Now that I can, I don't know how I lived without it so long. ;)

Has anyone else had a similar experience yet?

Last edited:

marioc

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So... I gotta admit, I felt like a kid before Christmas last night. I didn't really sleep all that well probably due in part (or mostly) to the fact that the coolest phone I had ever seen was coming out the next morning and I WAS GETTING ONE! I even went so far as to take a bendril and a shot of nyquil to try and knock me out for the night. <--Ha! Totally kidding. At any rate, I picked up my EVO at 6:00AM this morning and I AM luuuuuuvin' it.

So, I find myself having to call the helpdesk for some issues we're having with our Exchange server at work, and I end up on hold. Although I'm not in a 4G area, I was lucky enough to be in a WiFi enabled area. I was able to check email and facebook, browse the net, even send a twitter update! It made listening to the cheesy elevator music, a little more bearable over the 20 minutes I was on hold. REALLY NICE.

I've been with Sprint for awhile, so even though I had the multitasking Pre, I'm not used to being able to multitask Voice and Data. Now that I can, I don't know how I lived without it so long. ;)

Has anyone else had a similar experience yet?

You can do the same with the pre if it's hooked up to a wifi signal. I've done it several times.

acyork#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea, occasionally it would let you. It's just didn't work for me all the time on the Pre. I always thought it was because it wasn't supposed to.
Not that 4g/voice multitasking isn't cool, but wifi/voice multitasking works perfectly on the Pre every time.