Flakey 3G Connection

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Over the last couple of weeks, my unrooted EVO does not connection to 3g after I leave a WiFi location. If I try to connect to a website or use navigation, I get the no network connection error. If I restart the phone it generally will connect. Anyone else have this problem?

still83fifty

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Surprisingly, yes the same exact issue, it was my mothers Evo 4g. No matter what I tried I couldn't get it to connect back to the 3g network. The weird thing was that when I checked the data status(##33284#) it listed no errors and even said It was getting a EvDo Rev A IP address, which I wasn't expecting.

Restarting the phone didn't help, I ended up unchecking the mobile networks and then powering off the phone for a min or two. Then restarted the phone back up, and turned back on the mobile network and it reconnected.

But yeah, it was the same thing, she uses her wifi at the house, she left for work and realized at her job that she had no internet. Came back to her house and it signed back onto the wifi and worked fine. So I had her turn off the wifi on her phone to see if the 3g worked now and it didn't. So after troubleshooting the issue the one above ended up working. This just happened too btw, maybe a week ago. As far as I know it hasn't happened again yet.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine still does it, but its hit or miss. I'll look into the steps you went through next time it happens and see what I get. So far, a restart has workers every time. The first time it happened, I called Sprint. They said there was an outage in San Diego, but tried a few things including battery pull at it reconnected. I'm dubious of the outage comment as I didn't read about that or know anyone else having problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch