EVO Randomly Freezing

remedy1978

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My EVO has randomly froze over the past 2 days. Ill be doing something, and all of a sudden it will freeze and I need to pull the battery to get it to restart.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this behavior.

Thanks!

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem. Becoming a major issue for me. Didn't have the problems I am having now when I used a Google io evo. I am freezing and rebooting more often than i would like.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mrzaphodb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It's happened twice since Friday to me. First time after making a few sipdroid calls and again tonite after updating Qik. Both times had to pull the battery.

mikeDCMDVA

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i think i am going to return mine and get an iphone 4

its been quite the hassle for me guys, i got sold a defective evo last friday

the POST fails, which uses the inner antenna to communicate to the 3G towers

short battery life, always having to worry about the task killer, bulky (but beautiful)

im just so done at this point, 3 trips to the sprint store over this nonsense

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had it freeze up earlier this evening like an overtaxed computer where Firefox has guzzled all the resources up with its memory leaks, but that was the first time and I'm wondering if ATM was a factor. I've disabled it and will see where it goes from there.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Had it freeze once on me, but hasn't been an issue since I've been monitoring it with SystemPanel (amazing app btw). It's most likely inferior apps you guys are using. I know Fring freaks out when I leave it running for long. Just look at the reviews for each app you download and make sure it isn't hogging memory and glitchy before installing.

yourownfear

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I dont know what you guys are doing with your phones or if its an app your using to cause all these problems ive been hearing people complain about but I have had not one problem with my phone. Ive generally played around with every new thing I hear about around the net and I have yet to see a single hiccup.

dud680

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Service & Repair

For those that are having a freezing/locking up problem just take it to the Sprint Store. They will not only wipe out the phone, but they will reflash the ROM too to make sure. It can just be a software problem, or certain apps that you've downloaded which can mess with the phone. Sprint can't be responsible for what you download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress