EVO always mounts drive even if told to charge only

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
My EVO keeps mounting the SD card to my PCs when connecting USB even though I tell it to charge only. Is there another setting somewhere?

Sph33r

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I had that happening as well. This was when running Flipz first released rom on a Toast root. I didn't notice it when stock. By chance are you rooted and running Flipz first release?

Sph33r

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmm.. well I do know what you're talking about. I kept plugging it into my Mac to charge it and when I'd unplug, I'd get an error about unplugging a mounted device. Luckily it's not happening with this ROM.

crash0515

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Try going to settings> connect to pc> make sure the ask me is ticked. With it ticked every time you plug your usb in to charge it shoud give you the chose to charge or mount ect...

Sph33r

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Gbhil just pointed out that if you're using Doubletwist (or even just have it installed) it will mount the SD card. Might want to check into that?

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Aha, Doubletwist is the cause. There is a setting in DT to automount the SD card. I turned that off and now back to normal. Thanks!

cjpearson

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help y'all.... this was driving me crazy!!!

I charge my phone in the car by using the USB port on my car radio, everytime it would mount the SD... now i know why, and I can play songs while charging.

Thanks again!

ttwiv

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help y'all.... this was driving me crazy!!!

I charge my phone in the car by using the USB port on my car radio, everytime it would mount the SD... now i know why, and I can play songs while charging.

Thanks again!

I was having the same issue and turning off the option in DoubleTwist fixed it. Thanks Sph33r. I also had this problem when charging using the USB power outlet on my surge protector, but did not have the problem when using the USB power adapter that came with the Evo. Now of course no problem at all.

I guess DoubleTwist has this option to give its desktop client access to the card even when in charge-only mode. So with the option turned off I'm guessing the desktop client won't be totally functional when you select "charge only" in the Sense UI setting for connecting to PC.

What I don't understand is why this is a problem in Froyo and was not in 2.1.

-Tom Walker
littleton, colorado

RBorden629

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My wife is having the same problem, when she plugs in the car charger, the usb sync comes on and it doesnt charge the phone. She is using the offical "sprint" update. I'm using the HTC update and I'm not having any problems. Very odd.

j76ms

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all very much. I was having this problem while traveling and just got home to check into it and thankfully you all have already figured it out. It was DoubleTwist! FOr some reason I never had this problem until updating to FROYO. Thanks again!!!