My Evo's Screen just died.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
well have been listening to music on my Evo for about 45 minutes I put the phone down and went to take a shower and now when I try to wake the phone the screen light up but it stays black. I have pulled the battery and even when I just hit to turn on the phone the white EVO screen never comes on instead its just a black screen. I wanted to do a hard reset but cant even do that as no mater what I do the screen is just black, and now the battery is not dead. Well will be hitting up Radio Shack tomorrow for a exchange or return depending if they have any in stock.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
From another thread, did you try this?

Take the battery out. Reinstall the battery but don't turn it on. Hold the power button down along with the down volume button for several seconds. The phone will completely reset. Yes you will loose all your installed settings.

ResDog

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi dkotoric1,

2 questions:
- Did you apply a screen protector on it that required a light soap/water mixture?
- Did you have it in the bathroom with you (on the counter of course) when you took your shower?

I ask because the issues of the lack of epoxy on the glass seem to allow even the smallest amount of moisture into the screen area. if it gets in down by the four buttons, the backlight circuit dies and 'bye bye screen'.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Take the battery out. Reinstall the battery but don't turn it on. Hold the power button down along with the down volume button for several seconds. The phone will completely reset. Yes you will loose all your installed settings.

You also need to select "clear storage" and confirm it with the power button.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Tried that already but even then the screen only turns on to be black

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi dkotoric1,

2 questions:
- Did you apply a screen protector on it that required a light soap/water mixture?
- Did you have it in the bathroom with you (on the counter of course) when you took your shower?

I ask because the issues of the lack of epoxy on the glass seem to allow even the smallest amount of moisture into the screen area. if it gets in down by the four buttons, the backlight circuit dies and 'bye bye screen'.

no screen protector
and no I left it in the living room

CP4

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi dkotoric1,

2 questions:

Is it really advised not to have the Evo somewhere in the bathroom when showering because of the humidity? Seems like a pain, no? In the sense if you're wanting to know if the phone is ringing...

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
oooh its not the google I/O Evo, this is one purchased at Radio Shack on release date so will have to call them when they open in a obout an hour and a half. I just hope they have one, which it seems like stock is limited everywhere.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
well just got radio shack they said they are getting some in today but only to fullfill preorders so I'll be going in today to return mine and try to find one somewhere else.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I know I'll have to call up best buy and sprint to see if they have any in stock. I was kind of suprised that they are willilng to get a return and not take care of it first but oooh well

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo