Help, Sense UI won't maintain default setting

lawdawgmon

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue.

When I hold down the HOME button to bring up the recently used apps, HTC Sense UI will always be listed. From that point on, when I tap the HOME button, I get a dialog box asking me if I want to use HTC Sense or Launcher. There is also a check-box to set as default.

When I check the set as default box and select HTC Sense, the Sense UI launches. From that point on, Sense UI will launch whenever I tap the HOME button, but if I hold the HOME button, Sense UI, again appears as one of the six recently used apps and it is no longer the default launcher.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Does anyone have a solution to force Sense UI to stay default?

So far I've tried
- Going into the app manager and clearing Sense UI data and default
- I thought the auto start task ender might be shutting it down so I uninstalled it.
- I've rebooted the device
- I've turned it off and remove the battery
- I've planted a flower in tribute to the Android Gods

All to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

yeahthatsme

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I have the exact problem in reverse. I had the sense launcher turned off for a while but lately it keeps popping up that there is no default selected. Annoying.

I grabbed home switcher from the marketplace but it isn't helping.

Anyone help us make our default launcher stick?

lawdawgmon

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I have the exact problem in reverse. I had the sense launcher turned off for a while but lately it keeps popping up that there is no default selected. Annoying.

I grabbed home switcher from the marketplace but it isn't helping.

Anyone help us make our default launcher stick?

I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue. Looks like there aren't many others though.

I think I may have to start uninstalling apps one at a time and seeing if something is conflicting. If that doesn't work, then I guess it's back to factory settings.

yeahthatsme

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Cellflare was the first app I deleted and after testing it a while, i'm back with the crap sense interface turned off.

So i will install one at a time and hope the Froyo allows the option to keep sense off forever.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Out of nowhere my EVO has begun doing this same thing. I installed a few "princess puzzle games" from the market for my daughter, but that's it.

This happened on my old HERO, too, and I couldn't fix it there. Very irritating. Only fix I found was getting a new phone (the EVO).

It is whenever I hit the HOME key while in another program...it gives me the choice of launcher or sense (and a box to check for default).

grrrr on this. any ideas?

K--

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing after downloading ADW.Launcher.
Everytime I hit the home key it would ask me which launcher I wanted to use, then after removing ADW.Launcher it still prompted me and asked if I wanted to use Sense or "Launcher". Using Launcher freezes the phone and eventually causes a force close. Looks *just* like ADW too. I have a feeling the stupid launcher is still in memory somewhere but haven't really begun looking into it.

lawdawgmon

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing after downloading ADW.Launcher.
Everytime I hit the home key it would ask me which launcher I wanted to use, then after removing ADW.Launcher it still prompted me and asked if I wanted to use Sense or "Launcher". Using Launcher freezes the phone and eventually causes a force close. Looks *just* like ADW too. I have a feeling the stupid launcher is still in memory somewhere but haven't really begun looking into it.

I "fixed" the issue on my Evo. I started by uninstalling each app I had most recently installed, one by one. After each uninstall, I would shut down the phone and remove the batter and restart. I'd then check to see if the issue was still there.

Needless to say, that was a painful process, so after about the 3rd time I gave up and just uninstalled like 5 or 6 apps all at once. Once I did that, the phone is back to normal.. Unfortunately, I could not tell you what the apps were. Most were games for my kids, but... one was Advanced Task Manager. I have since reinstalled it, along with Advanced Task Killer. Everything seems to be fine, and the issue completely gone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if this will help, but go into Applications, select HTC Sense, and "Clear Defaults." The next time you go to the launcher window is should ask you to choose Sense or the default launcher. Choose Sense, and hope it remembers it from then on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel