Flash Lite versus Full Flash

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So what's the difference between Flash Lite and Flash? Which one is available for which devices? I got excited yesterday when the main page posted about full flash on the EVO. After reading the comments, however, it looks like the post is mistaken. I want to watch daily show clips and whatnot on my phone. I assume full flash will indeed be full flash? Do I have flash lite on the phone and not know it?

pingpongboss

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
HTC Flash Lite comes on the Evo. I've found that any site that people claim works on "full" Flash 10.1 for android, also works on my Evo with Flash Lite.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Flash Lite only works with some sites, no real easy way to tell without trying.

There is no full version of flash available on Android without having Froyo installed.

The difference between Flash Lite on the HTC EVO and similar and the full Flash 10.1 on Froyo is that the full flash runs much faster, has much better controls and scaling, and is far more compatible.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
In my comparison -- nothing. I see no different behaviors from sites using full flash than lite. Heck, some flash objects still won't work.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you read the thread? It does not work, it is just flash lite with a different name. That is why they have the exact same version numbers and work exactly the same.

where were you when i asked that question yesterday. as i mentioned earlier it didn't look any different than before and no i didn't read through the thread at xda to find out it was exactly the same.