Novatec vs. Epson

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i have both and i think the novatec is better. To me its not pinkish but more blueish. It matches my PC flat LCD monitor. Compared to my TV it's like having cool setting vs warm. Warm setting being the Epson 0002 version.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The human brain has a remarkable facility to consider ANY shade of white, even pinkish or yellowish, as true "white." Unless compared directly to another shade of white, most people won't really notice a slight off-white shade.

I think some are just being a little too picky.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The human brain has a remarkable facility to consider ANY shade of white, even pinkish or yellowish, as true "white." Unless compared directly to another shade of white, most people won't really notice a slight off-white shade.

I think some are just being a little too picky.

I think in this forum or any mobile forum its the opposite. Most will notice while some won't.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed something weird. My friend is over now with a 002 build. I have the 003 build. I also have the Nova screen. What's weird is I have that pinkish tint that's been talking about but he doesn't. I thought all 002's have the Nova screen?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think most in this, or any other, forum will notice unless they do a direct comparison between two devices.

As an example: I'm a serious photographer; have been for something like 40 years. I understand color better than most. I have two LCD monitors on my desk. Both are the same brand, but one is considerably warmer than the other when I don't have monitor profiles set. But if only one is on, within a few minutes it looks "white," whether it's the warmer one or the colder one.

Another example: my dad had cataracts removed some years ago, one eye at a time. Before the first surgery, white things looked, well, white. After the first surgery, he realized just how yellow everything was through the unimproved eye. But the brain still translated it to white.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
There has to be one of the other. Make sure you don't have options in your search to Match the word exactly, as there are underscores and capitalization that may differ.

If this is too hard, all you need to do is set the Power Control widget on your homescreen and keep toggling the brightness. If you're screen fades to the next brightness, you have a Nova. If it's immediately changed to the next brightness, you have an Epson.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
i have both and i think the novatec is better. To me its not pinkish but more blueish. It matches my PC flat LCD monitor. Compared to my TV it's like having cool setting vs warm. Warm setting being the Epson 0002 version.

After getting my wife's EVO with a 003 Novatec screen I now know what everyone was making a fuss about compared to the 003 Epson. Mine (Epson) never comes close to as bright or white (my browser white looks 20% gray) as her new Novatec.

You can see my photo comparison here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/24285-does-your-epson-rev003-have-grayish-whites.html

Last edited:

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I finally found mine..

<7>[ 4882.122406] mddi_epson_power: power on.
<6>[ 4882.316009] msmfb: ready, waiting for full update
<6>[ 4882.316925] ov8810_resume

Mine has a yellowish hue to it though.. My phone is a Whie Evo I just got replaced today. Not sure what my other one was, but it looked not as yellow as this one does. Any ideas? Oh and my HW version is 003

NM08SRT8#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I put mine next to two other Evo's at work, and they had a pinkish hue to them, but regardless, it was brighter whites than mine which is more yellow. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress