How to resume screen without hitting top power button?

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I know I can set the time before the screen goes black but is the power button the only way to resume the device after it does go black?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, currently there is no other way to awake the phone other than the power button. If I recall though, some app lets you use the volume button.

agbenson88

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try "No Lock" in the market, not sure if you can gain the volume keys and still keep the lock screen, but if you turn off the lock screen, volume keys work for sure.

jsmcdon1

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Just tried "No Lock" and it works like a charm. I also use "Screen Off" to replace the power button and put the phone to sleep. I just have a feeling that power button won't last as long as the phone, so using "soft" buttons is a plus for me.

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just tried "No Lock" and it works like a charm. I also use "Screen Off" to replace the power button and put the phone to sleep. I just have a feeling that power button won't last as long as the phone, so using "soft" buttons is a plus for me.

with screen off you still have to press power button to revive?

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I am using LockBot Pro and I can turn my screen on with either the power button or the volume buttons.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried the no lock and screen off combo.
Screen off was stupid though. takes a few secs to shut off. . . which the phone would do by itself anyway without it.

No lock worked good though. Just wish there was an option to use the soft keys or volume up = on and volume down = off or something.

I got the power button crack already and the power button harder to hit on my sedio active

gamecock05

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Security vs Convenience

I read these and have tried them, I may be missing something, however I am looking for specific option.

The phone holds a TON of confidential information, call me a paranoid guy, but I want to have peace of mind that it will be locked if stolen/lost. Without either of these apps, my EVO blacks out the screen in the set time duration, I choose 1 minute. When it the screen dims and locks out, I have to hit the power button and that wakes it up in which then I put the correct code pattern in to access the device. I have that on in case an unwanted person looks at my phone and then they cant go through it.

So here is what I am searching to do. I want my phone to go to sleep after 1 minute to preserve battery life. I want to be able to hit the power or volume button to wake it up. I want the lock to take effect at a different time duration, example 5 minutes. So if I hit the power or volume button before I hit the 5 minute mark, the phone just wakes up automatically. Any way this is possible?

konreu

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Screen Off for Android

with screen off you still have to press power button to revive?

That is correct. Screen Off is a convenient alternative to your power button, designed to put your phone to sleep as quickly as possible. It does not currently handle waking your phone back up.

yahtzee

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Any updates to this? I'd love to be able to hit something on the screen to shut it off and then to hit one of the menu buttons with my thumb to turn the screen back off.

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Widget Locker will also let you use the volume buttons. The added bonus is that you also get to customize your lockscreen by adding widgets and the HTC weather animations (if you're a fan of them).

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa