Gmail Sync Issues After Froyo Update

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Besides multiple email accounts not syncing, is anyone noticing that their primary email just plain loads slowly or is trying to pull more emails when you go to the inbox? I keep seeing "loading conversations" which I rarely saw with 2.1. They do load but I have to wait now.

I also get "no connection" fairly often which I had never seen in the previous month. Retry seems to work though.

rsyates1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
About an hour ago, I started receiving email on my second gmail account (both push & notifications) and haven't tried making any changes since yesterday so it appears that the problem isn't on the Evo/Froyo end but maybe on gmail/Sprint?

Hope everyone is soon getting their emails again.

Lupevalenz#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is my workaround, my Pre notifies me to hit refresh in my gmail inbox to get my mail! This is annoying and no, the fixes that been offered here hasn't helped. Ohhh, another annoying this with the email, usually before froyo I get an email and in the email come with links that helps navigate to the section of the email (very helpful for chat groups), now I click on the link, it doesn't jump to the section of the email, it makes me open up a browser and read it there >:-(

davidswank

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
m4v files not working

no longer able to view my m4v files. "sorry, this video cannot be played"
I have even attempted downloading a new m4v to ensure non of my existing files where a problem somehow. download wmv, i played no prob. but the files are too large to be practical.
Has anyone else had a problem with m4v files, I have not seen any in the forum. Hopefully it is just a conflict with one of my other apps.

Go Blue

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Besides multiple email accounts not syncing, is anyone noticing that their primary email just plain loads slowly or is trying to pull more emails when you go to the inbox? I keep seeing "loading conversations" which I rarely saw with 2.1. They do load but I have to wait now.

I too am seeing the "loading conversations" on my primary account -- just appears for a second or 2 while it loads. I know for sure that I never saw this with 2.1. It appears to me that the primary account isn't really receiving push email, it is just doing a very fast poll when it is opened. This notification appears even after I have heard the tone indicating an email has arrived -- seems like only the notification has arrived, and then when the mailbox screen is opened it goes and fetches the emails.

I have 7 secondary gmail accounts on my EVO -- all of them received push email with 2.1 and all of them now do not -- I have to go into each account individually and manually refresh in order to get new email.

Plain stock EVO, no root, no custom at all -- just the 2.2 download. None of the suggested fixes have addressed the issue for my EVO.

Here's hopin' .......

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine started working last evening. All of a sudden I got a flood of emails in the account that wasn't syncing/pushing. I verified by sending an email to that account and it showed up almost instantly.

Last edited:

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
no longer able to view my m4v files. "sorry, this video cannot be played"
I have even attempted downloading a new m4v to ensure non of my existing files where a problem somehow. download wmv, i played no prob. but the files are too large to be practical.
Has anyone else had a problem with m4v files, I have not seen any in the forum. Hopefully it is just a conflict with one of my other apps.

Stay on topic please.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have 4 Gmail accounts...I had them all synced up before I updated to 2.2 yesterday (Wednesday). After the update only 1 of them was still synced. I had to manually sync each of the rest, by pressing Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync and then selecting the desired Gmail account. I might have been able to use the Sync All button but I didn't try that. Instead I clicked a Gmail account, and when the Data And Synchronization page displayed for that account, I pressed the Sync Now button. This initiated a synchronization process. Once this one complete I could then get my email from that account, and even refresh it to see new messages.

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Started working here a little while ago. Not sure how long it will last but it looks like it is a Gmail side problem...

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll take your word for it.. ANother thing I just noticed. I just got mail, opened it up and it disapeared. I had to change to my All Mail folder to read it.. It is no longer in my inbox.. This stuff is driving me nuts...

ozymandias#AC

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I have been experiencing the gmail sync issues with the second account like all of you here. So yesterday, when I deleted and added back the second account, I noticed that it only gave me the option of choosing to sync gmail and contacts but not calendar. However, as mentioned above, gmail didn't sync at all on the second account despite my selecting that option. So today I try to delete the account again and add it back. This time I only have the option of syncing contacts and not gmail or calendar. I checked with a coworker who experienced the same issue. Anyone else having this problem now?

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Like many here I was having the same "no sync" problem with my non-primary gmail accounts. Here is how I fixed my issue. YMMV.......
NOTE: There might be a shorter way, but I will state exactly what I did verbatim.

1) Made sure my accounts were setup for sync.
(Setting-> Accounts & Sync)

2) Went to Settings->Applications->Manage Application->ALL->Gmail and Pressed the clear data button.

3) At this point I was getting Force Closed issues when I clicked on my GMAIL Unread count widget. Just go to the App Tray and load up the gmail app. It will will give you a message asking you to wait for mail to set up. I just cancelled out.

4) Rebooted

5) err message on my secondary gmail unread count widget went away.

6) Sent a test email to my secondary gmail account and 5 seconds later (literally...I timed it)...it popped up on my phone.

I have since received a handful of emails from various sources and things are looking good.

Hope this help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer